10th June 2013
File Transfer...
12th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2014
LANDED..........
Already here
Hi

I am a UK citizen and will be marrying my Canadian Fiancee soon. I just wanted to find out whether to apply via Inland or Outland. As with everybody on this site, my main aim is to be with my fiancee sooner rather than later and we can't bear to be without eachother. So what is the best way, Inland or Outland? Does Inland mean I can reside with her until the process is complete but won't be able to work unless I get a work permit in the meantime?

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
dj322 said:
Hi

I am a UK citizen and will be marrying my Canadian Fiancee soon. I just wanted to find out whether to apply via Inland or Outland. As with everybody on this site, my main aim is to be with my fiancee sooner rather than later and we can't bear to be without eachother. So what is the best way, Inland or Outland? Does Inland mean I can reside with her until the process is complete but won't be able to work unless I get a work permit in the meantime?
It really depends....first of all, where are you right now? Where is she right now?
If she's a Canadian citizen, she's eligible to reside outside Canada during the process (though she has to prove that she will return to Canada when you're granted PR).

Alternatively, you guys can do an outland application too when in Canada. The advantage of outland is if you're rejected, you can appeal.....and being a UK citizen, most likely you won't have a problem getting a tourist visa to stay in Canada...

Also when in Canada, you can do inland...(no chance of appeal if rejected though. But very unlikely since you're visa exempt). I'm not 100% sure but I believe after 6 months you get what's called an Open Work Permit...

dj322

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June 2013
File Transfer...
12th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2014
LANDED..........
Already here
Thanks. She is in Canada and me in the UK. I have considered coming to Canada as a visitor as I know I can stay up to 6 months but then is there any guarantee I can stay longer if I were to apply via Outland for example? I guess I'm hoping for a visitor visa that would last longer than 6 months if I try an Outland application.

Dizzy2013

Mar 11, 2013
Hi you can get an extension to your visitors visa I got 2 extensions for 6 months while I was here with my husband and then when my application went in I applied for another extension and they gave me a 2 year extension, so the answer is yes and the procedure is very straightforward

dj322

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June 2013
File Transfer...
12th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2014
LANDED..........
Already here
Thanks, thats good to know that it is pretty straightforward as I was worried that might not be the case. I guess this would ideally allow me to stay with my soon to be wife whilst the application is going through. But are there specific rerquirements to get an extension? Ie must one have a job. certain funds etc or are CIC only interested in how you would support yourself whilst the process is going through?

dj322

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June 2013
File Transfer...
12th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...