+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK > Canada advice

db_007

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi everyone!

I've been scouting the internet for good, thorough, clear help on how to move to Canada from the UK. I've found various sites with checklists/information but would really love a good old fashioned book/manual, as I've website links and PDFs coming out of my ears and I can't get a decent overview of the process.

We'll be relocating as a family with young kids, so any angle on this would be appreciated.

Has anyone from the UK come across one??

Thanks!
D

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi everyone!

I've been scouting the internet for good, thorough, clear help on how to move to Canada from the UK. I've found various sites with checklists/information but would really love a good old fashioned book/manual, as I've website links and PDFs coming out of my ears and I can't get a decent overview of the process.

We'll be relocating as a family with young kids, so any angle on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
D
There really isn't any such animal. It would probably be obsolete as soon as it's printed, as the immigration system and processing keeps changing.
We can try to help you from here if you have specific questions.. It would also help to know on what basis you are immigrating to Canada. I'm assuming from your previous posts that it's as a skilled worker under EE.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
D
As said above, no such thing. The first step would be to calculate your CRS score.

db_007

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi both, apologies for the delay in thanking you, but have been very busy! I think I confused things, as it's more about the actual moving process rather than the Express Entry or ITA process (as we're awaiting the final decision on this, having submitted everything).

So things like: how to finding a good area in BC, how to find good schools, a checklist for what to bring with you/need to do before you go. Maybe this isn't the right forum for it, so I'll try an Expat one....

Thanks again.
Di :)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is a section about it. But since people here are then dispersed all over, you will not find much specific. So the best thing is to check some webpages for those that move to the province and start there.
Some of your goals will be contradicting (it is harder to find an apartment / house for a good price in wanted areas or near good school, and also certain options for daycare or schools are much more expensive).
When it comes to what to bring part check few of those landing experiences. After that it is your personal choice (some people will pack everything in a container and then do the customs declaration upon landing. Others will sell everything and then only come with 1-2 pc of luggage).

Expat forums might or might not help (they will give you better idea about how to use documents from your home country, but they tend to be dispersed as well when it comes to geographical localization.

good luck