+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ugrent - Does my Student Permit Expire if I leave Canada?

tkh99

Mar 13, 2018
Hello all, I just made this account because I am abroad and not in Canada during my semester. I am doing the courses online (St Marys). I am taking 3 courses in psychology.

I have a valid student permit but I have been away and my concern is can I re enter Canada if I am abroad for more than 90 Days? Is there any rule about this that my student permit will expire if I reside out of Canada for more than 90 Days?
*Before leaving I asked the university, they said it is okay in the summer, but could be risky during the summer or winter semesters..Quite vague and they didn't seem to know.
*I am from Iran.

Any help is much appreciated, as I am getting conflicting about this issue.

singsand

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Th
I have a valid student permit but I have been away and my concern is can I re enter Canada if I am abroad for more than 90 Days? Is there any rule about this that my student permit will expire if I reside out of Canada for more than 90 Days?
There is no such rule. I think you are confusing between study permit rules

tkh99

Mar 13, 2018
Th

There is no such rule. I think you are confusing between study permit rules
I know about the other rules (Regarding if my program ends and I have 90 days etc).
Having said that, you can enter and exit Canada with valid student visa
So basically as long as I have a valid student permit, I can leave Canada during my semester for as long as I want (4 months) and still re enter with no problems. If thats the case then thank you for the help!

singsand

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
As long as you have a valid student Visa & study permit, u can re-enter. For re entry, u need both student visa and study permit as valid.