+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UCI Number required for express entry profile

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
My FSW 2014 application was "RETURNED"("not rejected or refused") (and i was not charged) with some comments regarding R10.
The following are my situations to better understand my concerns, which I want to ask for clarifications from the experts here in the forum:
1. My FSW 2014 application is submitted to CIO through a "representative agency"
2. I was informed by the agency that my application was returned with comments about R10, about 2nd week of December 2014 and it took another 1-1/2 before the agency discussed things with me.
3. At the end - I was not able to submit before Dec. 31, 2014 - (FSW 2014 applications is till Dec. 31, 2014 only??)
4. I am planning to go through the "express entry" and "do it by myself" - no more agency
5. I started building my "express entry profile" but it is asking me about previous applications to CIC as follows:
a. Have you previously applied to CIC before? WHat should be my answer? Yes or No - I think it should be "Yes"
b. Fill in your UCI number if you have one.

My questions are:
1. Do I have already a UCI Number?
2. Are applications returned by CIO assigned with UCI already?
3. How can I know if I have a UCI already? ( I don't like to ask the "agency" since i don't like to continue with them.

Any light in these queries will be higly appreciated. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year! :)

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
journey namin said:
My FSW 2014 application was "RETURNED"("not rejected or refused") (and i was not charged) with some comments regarding R10.
The following are my situations to better understand my concerns, which I want to ask for clarifications from the experts here in the forum:
1. My FSW 2014 application is submitted to CIO through a "representative agency"
2. I was informed by the agency that my application was returned with comments about R10, about 2nd week of December 2014 and it took another 1-1/2 before the agency discussed things with me.
3. At the end - I was not able to submit before Dec. 31, 2014 - (FSW 2014 applications is till Dec. 31, 2014 only??)
4. I am planning to go through the "express entry" and "do it by myself" - no more agency
5. I started building my "express entry profile" but it is asking me about previous applications to CIC as follows:
a. Have you previously applied to CIC before? WHat should be my answer? Yes or No - I think it should be "Yes"
b. Fill in your UCI number if you have one.

My questions are:
1. Do I have already a UCI Number?
2. Are applications returned by CIO assigned with UCI already?
3. How can I know if I have a UCI already? ( I don't like to ask the "agency" since i don't like to continue with them.

Any light in these queries will be higly appreciated. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year! :)
1. You should have a UCI number on you package - ask the agency to provide it to you, you have paid them and at least that they must do.

2. You can't try your luck with the call center to find this out - 001-613-944-4000 Options 111 111 31. Wait a few minutes until they put you in contact with an agent. But it's tough... I've called two times with no luck.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

idefix said:
1. You should have a UCI number on you package - ask the agency to provide it to you, you have paid them and at least that they must do.

2. You can't try your luck with the call center to find this out - 001-613-944-4000 Options 111 111 31. Wait a few minutes until they put you in contact with an agent. But it's tough... I've called two times with no luck.
1. If the application was returned, then it wasn't processed, so no UCI issued.

AutoGenie

Sep 17, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

The issue here is that if the user says "Yes" to the question "Whether the user applied to CIC before?" then, UCI is a mandatory field and if the user says "No" that would be mis-representation.
Dilemma.!! Even I sent an application for FSW2014 in December and do not have a UCI# yet, facing a similar situation.

Suggestions from any experienced person would be highly appreciated.

I can see how badly they do requirement gathering for such a big software project.

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

Hi PMM! and idefix! Thanks for the replies.

PMM,
If the case is I don't have a UCI no. yet....
So the answer for the question:
Have you previously applied to CIC before - can be "YES" or "NO". - it doesn't matter...or what should i answer?
- if "YES" because i really did - though no UCI no.
(Will this give negative bearing on my application that this is not my first time to apply?)
- if "NO" because there is no UCI no. That means CIC has nothing to refer to
(Will it give positive bearing on the other hand?)
Lastly, how sure that there is "NO UCI issued yet" (sorry just 100% confirming since there is a different answer)
With all the questions - it looks very simple but i don't want to loose a chance...

Thanks again.

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
AutoGenie said:
if the user says "No" that would be mis-representation.
Dilemma.!!
Suggestions from any experienced person would be highly appreciated.
I can see how badly they do requirement gathering for such a big software project.
MISREPRESENTATION
This is also one of the "major" issue i want to avoid that's why i asked for clarifications.
Thanks AutoGenie

Canadaprseeker

Dec 22, 2014
Hi i am also in same dilemma. I haven't received uci number yet and also neither my application was returned. From the website I can understand from cic website that cap is fulled fornoc 2173 . So now I am planning to apply for EE but in a dilemma over the question on UIC . CAN CIC helpline number hav some answers on uic ?

DaRocha

Jan 5, 2015
Canadaprseeker said:
Hi i am also in same dilemma. I haven't received uci number yet and also neither my application was returned. From the website I can understand from cic website that cap is fulled fornoc 2173 . So now I am planning to apply for EE but in a dilemma over the question on UIC . CAN CIC helpline number hav some answers on uic ?
I am also having the same issue. I just filled my Express Entry Profile on the CIC website and there was a question on whether I had a UCI or not, since I indicated that I had submitted a FSWP application previously. My FSWP application was submitted on 30/12/2014 and I am yet to receive a UCI. Will it be wise to say I have not submitted a previous application before? I observed that when I indicated NO, the website did not ask for UCI. Please assist.

Canadaprseeker

Dec 22, 2014
Hi , did anyone tried submitting the profile first vwithout any UCI number and later updating it ? If this works than we can first create EE profile and later update only UCI part

Brenna

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yes, I did submit my Profile initially without a UCI.

Then when I checked my old Visa(Temporary Work Permit), there was a Client Identification number (8 digit) on it. Now, I have updated my profile with the same. Even got a mail that the profile got updated with the changes.

mohdubai

Jan 6, 2015
some say just put yes and fill UCI number with 000000 and some say put no . both cases can be considered as misrepresentation . i tried to contact the CIC call center put no answer. please if someone has an offcial answer from them so he can enlighten us. thanks

Lex077

Nov 26, 2014
A friend on another forum on this site called CIC and asked for clarification on the issue of FSW2014 applicants who have not received UCI. He was specifically instructed to select No. He was strongly advised against using 00000000.

oussama20131

Jan 6, 2015
According to the cic website "www*cic.gc*ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=772&t=4"

This eight digit number appears on all documents you get from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). It looks like this: 0000-0000.
If you applied to CIC before

Look for this number on:

letters you received from CIC,
your immigration document such as a PR card, study or work permit.

If you do not have any of these documents but want to fill out an application form:

you can leave the field for UCI (Client ID) blank.

Note: If you have not dealt with CIC since 1973, you will not have a UCI or a Client ID.
If you are applying to CIC for the first time

You will not yet have a client ID. If so, and you are filling out a form that asks for one, write “Not Applicable” or “N/A” in the space provided.

If you are applying online and the form does not allow you to input “N/A,” leave the space blank.

Canadaprseeker

Dec 22, 2014
Did anyone else tried to contact CIC about UCI number ? What was there reply ? Sometimes agents might just give some incorrect information.