+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UCI number in Visitor Visa

abhishekasu

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Hello all,

I need help to figure out the UCI mystery. I read somewhere that if you have contacted IRCC before, for student visa or visitor visa or PR, you would have UCI.

I have two Visitor Visa stamp on my passport from almost more than 12 years back and trying to find whether any UCI is mentioned on that. None of the numbers in the two visas are same.

Here are little details
Visa 1 --
Dates: 21/8/2003 to 18/11/2003
Document no: Exxxxxxxxx (E followed by 9 digits)
Category: V-1
C.Rec/Rec. F: FPA
Above Govt of Canada: Vxxxxxxxxx( E followed by 9 digits)
Left of FPA, there is one code: Axxxxxxx( A followed by 7 digits)
and on the right most side: There is a number in red font, in vertical alignment: Axxxxxxxxx (A followed by 9 digits)

Visa 2 --
Dates: 8/7/2005 to 4/1/2006
Document no: Exxxxxxxxx (E followed by 9 digits) - Different than what I have on Visa 1
Above Govt of Canada: Vxxxxxxxxx( E followed by 9 digits) - Different than what I have on Visa 1
Left of FPA, there is one code: Axxxxxxx( A followed by 7 digits) - Different than what I have on Visa 1
and on the right most side: There is a number in red font, in vertical alignment: Axxxxxxxxx (A followed by 9 digits) - Different than what I have on Visa 1

Any ideas or help on what should I do?

Thanks

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
A CIC call center agent told me once the UCI would always stay the same. I think the 9-digit numbers are application/document reference numbers.

If I were you I'd call CIC to confirm which is what.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello all,

I need help to figure out the UCI mystery. I read somewhere that if you have contacted IRCC before, for student visa or visitor visa or PR, you would have UCI.

I have two Visitor Visa stamp on my passport from almost more than 12 years back and trying to find whether any UCI is mentioned on that. None of the numbers in the two visas are same.

Here are little details
Visa 1 --
and on the right most side: There is a number in red font, in vertical alignment: Axxxxxxxxx (A followed by 9 digits)

Visa 2 --
Document no: Exxxxxxxxx (E followed by 9 digits) - Different than what I have on Visa 1
Above Govt of Canada: Vxxxxxxxxx( E followed by 9 digits) - Different than what I have on Visa 1
Left of FPA, there is one code: Axxxxxxx( A followed by 7 digits) - Different than what I have on Visa 1
and on the right most side: There is a number in red font, in vertical alignment: Axxxxxxxxx (A followed by 9 digits) - Different than what I have on Visa 1

Thanks
1. Unless you were issued a document as a visitor (work/student/visitor) when you arrived in Canada, you don't have a UCI

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Hello all,

Here are little details
Visa 1 --

Visa 2 --

Thanks
I am not sure if they used UCI numbers when you received your visitor visa. I believe they started issuing these numbers after setting up the online application process. Cross reference your visitor visa to images of more recent ones, there should be plenty on google to double check that this is indeed the case.

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
They have issued these numbers for much longer than the online application process... since 1973 in fact. I have an old student visa from when I studied in Canada (long before the online applications, but not as long ago as 1973!) and it has a UCI. However, I am not sure if visitor visas include a UCI. According to the information on this page, only study or work permits include a UCI:

Where can I find my client ID/UCI?
This eight or ten digit number appears on all documents you get from us. It looks like this: 0000-0000 or 00-0000-0000.

If you have sent us an application before
Look for this number on:
  • letters we sent you
  • your immigration document such as a PR card, study or work permit
If you do not have any of these documents but want to fill out an application form:
  • you can leave the field for UCI (Client ID) blank
If you have not dealt with us since 1973, you will not have a UCI or a Client ID.​

nahal

Aug 22, 2018
hi I have the same problem, I already have a visitor visa should I mention that I applied for immigration refugee and citizenship of canada or not?!!

nj87

May 7, 2019
hi I have the same problem, I already have a visitor visa should I mention that I applied for immigration refugee and citizenship of canada or not?!!
Hello Nahal, what did you end up doing? I have the exact same question.
Thanks in advance!

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hello Nahal, what did you end up doing? I have the exact same question.
Thanks in advance!
Hi nj87.
I'm in the same boat. Should we guys mention that we applied through IRCC before in our travel histories?
Did you manage to get an answer?

capriram

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hi Nahal, I am in the same situation. Would really appreciate if you could share what you did. Moreover, while creating my Express Entry profile I chose 'No' but now post ITA i am clueless whether I should say Yes or No. I had visited Canada in 2012 on Visit visa (Visa stamp has no UCI Number). Would appreciate any response on this... Thanks!

supernovamuz

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi Nahal, I am in the same situation. Would really appreciate if you could share what you did. Moreover, while creating my Express Entry profile I chose 'No' but now post ITA i am clueless whether I should say Yes or No. I had visited Canada in 2012 on Visit visa (Visa stamp has no UCI Number). Would appreciate any response on this... Thanks!
Yes, they gave me the same UCI number for express entry profile when I applied for visitor visa 2 years back.

capriram

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Yes, they gave me the same UCI number for express entry profile when I applied for visitor visa 2 years back.
Thanks! I've submitted my Profile by saying "Yes I have applied to IRCC before" but have left the UCI number "blank". Fingers crossed now..