Oct 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 2012
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Hello everyone,

I'm a Canadian citizen and have started paperwork for my wife-to-be who is currently in India. I have 2 questions:

1- She currently doesn't have a last/family name. Just first name only.. and it is same in her passport. On Form IMM 1344E, the field for last name.. I've left it blank but the document will not allow itself to be saved. -- Am unsure what to do. I tried N/A but it doesnt accept / either.

2- Also I have no idea what this UCI/Client ID is. I am thinking about putting in my Canadian citizenship certificate number in there. I have looked in my form IMM 1000 from when we landed over 25 years ago and I dont see a UCI/Client ID number.

There is a number started with B and another one started with W. I have tried both of those but the PDF doc (IMM 1344E) doesn't accept it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
zillcullen said:
Hello everyone,

I'm a Canadian citizen and have started paperwork for my wife-to-be who is currently in India. I have 2 questions:

1- She currently doesn't have a last/family name. Just first name only.. and it is same in her passport. On Form IMM 1344E, the field for last name.. I've left it blank but the document will not allow itself to be saved. -- Am unsure what to do. I tried N/A but it doesnt accept / either.

2- Also I have no idea what this UCI/Client ID is. I am thinking about putting in my Canadian citizenship certificate number in there. I have looked in my form IMM 1000 from when we landed over 25 years ago and I dont see a UCI/Client ID number.

There is a number started with B and another one started with W. I have tried both of those but the PDF doc (IMM 1344E) doesn't accept it.

Thanks.
1. put her full name as surname and leave the first name blank (if her first name is "xxxx kumari" put "xxxx kumari" as surname )
2. to get your UCi number call CIC call center, they will help you??
hope it helps :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
zillcullen said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.
Hey zillcullen,

welcome to the forum, and good luck with the application!

For the first question - I honestly don't know what to tell you, maybe a more senior member will tell you.
Maybe you can put an X and then attach a paper explaining that she doesn't have a last name ( I didn't know it was possible, but if it's the same in the passport, then ...) - and maybe attach the copy of her passport to prove it - or birth certificate, these documents normally are required anyway for the principal applicant.

For the second question - leave it blank. I didn't have a UCI number as it is my first time dealing with CIC, and it should allow to leave it blank. Maybe it is on your PR card? on the guideline it says that if you don't have a UCI number, leave it blank.

Good luck,
Sweden

zillcullen

May 29, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 2012
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
ashunandal said:
1. put her full name as surname and leave the first name blank
Hi ashunandal,

On my wife's Indian passport, the SURNAME field is empty while the GIVEN NAME(S) field contains her name.
So what you said is opposite of what is on the passport. I'm confused.

Thanks for reply.

mb7057

Jul 22, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am in the exact same position as zillcullen. My wife`s indian passport does not have a surname, neither has she used the surname on any other documents. Can someone please advise?

sumitd

Apr 16, 2012
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-30-2012/ PP received on the 7th of September
LANDED..........
September 21-2012
zillcullen said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks.
Hey Buddy,

1.) In form 1344E in both first and last name field fill out her first name for e.g first name NEHA, last name NEHA, also attach a letter explaining in detail about her name and i am sure you will attach attested copy of her passport that will be another reference for the visa officer to show that her first and last name is the same.

2.) For the UCI, you can leave the field blank and not worry about.

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
My wife is from Iraq, and she doesn't have a last name either, I was told by my lawyer to write her name exactly as it was shown on her passport. As far as the UIC #, I didn't have one either when I applied, my lawyer sent a letter with my application explaining that I didn't have a UIC #, and the application was approved and send to my VO. I got an email with my UIC after approval.

Hope that helps

mb7057

Jul 22, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Just wanted to share that I called CIC and they told me to leave the LastName field blank and not validate the form. Attach a separate sheet of paper explaining why the last name field is blank. Hope that helps.

Thanks

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On UCI/ Client ID:

I am a PR and before I came here as a PR, I am sure I had an ID in the corresspondence I had with CIC. But, I do not have those letters anymore (I thought I didn't need them after I arrived here already).

Now, after 4 years I find myself sponsoring my wife.

I am wondering whether the UCI/ Client ID was the number given to me by CIC when I was processing my immigration papers? Does it matter now if I leave this UCI/ Client ID box blank?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodman36 said:
On UCI/ Client ID:

I am a PR and before I came here as a PR, I am sure I had an ID in the corresspondence I had with CIC. But, I do not have those letters anymore (I thought I didn't need them after I arrived here already).

Now, after 4 years I find myself sponsoring my wife.

I am wondering whether the UCI/ Client ID was the number given to me by CIC when I was processing my immigration papers? Does it matter now if I leave this UCI/ Client ID box blank?
If you leave the box blank, CIC will look it up for you.

However, if you are able to find the 8 digit UCI number (from your CoPR or PR card), you'll be able to access ecase to track your application and may see something just a few days before you get your step 1 approval.