N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Dear all,
Does anyone have any experience about cancelling the UAE residence visa 6 months after moving permanently to Canada?. A friend of mine had this option with his employer before leaving and that is to have the UAE residence visa (not cancelled) for 6 months and if he wishes to cancel it then he can.
Now will this create any settlement or physical presence questions later on in the citizenship application? Given he might not be able to apply for an entry exit record from the UAE by the time he applies

Feedback is appreciated

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Physical presence in Canada is all that IRCC would care about. They don't look into settlement anymore.
Thank you for your reply.
I understand that, but I have read on this blog from several cases that people who have or had valid UAE visas on their arrival to Canada will trigger the officers to issue an RQ or ask for the entry and exit report of UAE (which is hard to get when outside UAE)

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your reply.
I understand that, but I have read on this blog from several cases that people who have or had valid UAE visas on their arrival to Canada will trigger the officers to issue an RQ or ask for the entry and exit report of UAE (which is hard to get when outside UAE)
RQ request only for people who hold UAE visa and not for people who cancelled it?

I was understanding the impression that IRCC would themselves request any country to show in and out... Interesting to know that the applicant has to obtain that report.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
RQ request only for people who hold UAE visa and not for people who cancelled it?

I was understanding the impression that IRCC would themselves request any country to show in and out... Interesting to know that the applicant has to obtain that report.
Yea there ia whole thread about people being asked specifically about this report specially that the UAE cancels the visa with a stamp that has no date. and the RQ I meant the people who left to Canada and after 1 year or so cancelled their visa (some do that it all depends on how flexible the visa sponsor is). In that year wont the presence be questioned? because the UAE visa was still valid at that time. I really hope that I delivered my point

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea there ia whole thread about people being asked specifically about this report specially that the UAE cancels the visa with a stamp that has no date. and the RQ I meant the people who left to Canada and after 1 year or so cancelled their visa (some do that it all depends on how flexible the visa sponsor is). In that year wont the presence be questioned? because the UAE visa was still valid at that time. I really hope that I delivered my point
I am just thinking that since CBSA has all the records of in and outs then why would they ask for UAE in and out? And for citizenship? Interesting.

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
This report has been asked for in the past. Depends on your overall situation but you maybe asked to provide. Not much can be done at this stage, will depend on your overall circumstances and the comfort of the reviewing officer. I know people whose visa was canceled and they were also asked for the UAE In/Out report.

The report is not difficult to get if you know someone in the UAE. Also, there are firms that do this for a fee in UAE if you don't know someone (you will have to search on the net). I would suggest not worry at this stage and just deal with it when the time comes. If you want to be proactive, you can get the report now (if your visa is cancelled) and keep it in your records so if needed in the future you are able to provide easily.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
I am just thinking that since CBSA has all the records of in and outs then why would they ask for UAE in and out? And for citizenship? Interesting.
Yea its strange

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
This report has been asked for in the past. Depends on your overall situation but you maybe asked to provide. Not much can be done at this stage, will depend on your overall circumstances and the comfort of the reviewing officer. I know people whose visa was canceled and they were also asked for the UAE In/Out report.

The report is not difficult to get if you know someone in the UAE. Also, there are firms that do this for a fee in UAE if you don't know someone (you will have to search on the net). I would suggest not worry at this stage and just deal with it when the time comes. If you want to be proactive, you can get the report now (if your visa is cancelled) and keep it in your records so if needed in the future you are able to provide easily.
Yea I guess it does depend from case to case, not everyone who had a UAE visa was asked to provide this report and yea I guess I will leave it to then

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
They do the CBSA does have the records and provide them to IRCC, however, I have read that they arent accurate

Munt_007

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Two options, cancelling the resident visa without physically being in UAE, but he needs to send his passport. Or, his employer needs to go to the airport with a copy of his passport + visa page and ask for a print-out of this person, within this documents it should showing the last exit from UAE more than 6 months, then he should head to type an application for being 6 months outside UAE, submit it to the Immigration and Done!.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
Dear all,
Does anyone have any experience about cancelling the UAE residence visa 6 months after moving permanently to Canada?. A friend of mine had this option with his employer before leaving and that is to have the UAE residence visa (not cancelled) for 6 months and if he wishes to cancel it then he can.
Now will this create any settlement or physical presence questions later on in the citizenship application? Given he might not be able to apply for an entry exit record from the UAE by the time he applies

Feedback is appreciated
He should apply for in/out report from CBSA or any clearance document from UAE Employer where date and year mentioned in order to support Citizenship application. At the time of citizenship test/interview office might ask for these documents. Something happened with me few months back in interview officer said your UAE visa have cancelled stamped but no dates how I believe after you landed in Canada never went back to UAE I don't have any proof. Might possible you landed here and went back to UAE and continue work there and she was right I was clueless that time and nothing to response then I said ok let me know how you like to proceed further. She said I will apply for CBSA in/out report on your behalf it will take few days If days matches with your application days I will approve your case and your will get Citizenship ceremony invitation and after few days decision was made on my application,

Reactions: Canadavisa92

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hi
First of all, if you have left UAE for good, and you are on an employment VISA, your employer should apply for cancellation of work permit, subsequently the VISA cancellation.

Once your VISA is cancelled, UAE immigration gives a document, which clearly states when did you leave UAE last, meaning when was the last date of exit.

You dont need to send passport, to UAE, plus only your employer can cancel your VISA.

If you are not on employment VISA, that means your VISA is sponsored by your spouse or any other department, you need to approach that department, and ask them to cancel the VISA.

UAE has sponsorship systems, means a VISA always has a sponsor, only the sponsor can cancel the VISA, it may be a company, or personal (in case of family VISAS)

Coming to RQ, there can be various reasons people keep UAE visa, example visiting family and friends and its easier, the IRCC understands this, having a UAE VISA does not necessarily impact the application or invite RQ, what you should instead focus on is having sufficient evidence to prove your presence in CANADA, that is employment, bank statements, credit card statements, rental or ownership documents, paystubs, employment contracts, your own family in canada if married. do they go to school, etc.

So the point is there is no straight answer, to your question, as each case is unique in its own sense, i hope this gives you a more realistic information about UAE VISA in speficic,

All the best
Hope this helps.

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
He should apply for in/out report from CBSA or any clearance document from UAE Employer where date and year mentioned in order to support Citizenship application. At the time of citizenship test/interview office might ask for these documents. Something happened with me few months back in interview officer said your UAE visa have cancelled stamped but no dates how I believe after you landed in Canada never went back to UAE I don't have any proof. Might possible you landed here and went back to UAE and continue work there and she was right I was clueless that time and nothing to response then I said ok let me know how you like to proceed further. She said I will apply for CBSA in/out report on your behalf it will take few days If days matches with your application days I will approve your case and your will get Citizenship ceremony invitation and after few days decision was made on my application,
Did you have employment/school in Canada during your residency period. If that is the case strange question from the officer. Also, I thought they automatically check the in/out report. I guess this is how CIC works! Just complicating simple things

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
Did you have employment/school in Canada during your residency period. If that is the case strange question from the officer. Also, I thought they automatically check the in/out report. I guess this is how CIC works! Just complicating simple things
Yes I am working here full time since I landed and this is my real life experience you can face any strange question from officer. However I was aware she will approve my case because all documents was correct.