+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Police Clearance - Old Passport

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
I've had a resident visa in the UAE in the past, since my father worked there. This resident visa was on my old passport which has now already expired. I have visited the UAE since my resident visa/old passport has expired, as a tourist (visit visa with new passport). The last time I visited was in Jan 2016 as a tourist - not visited since.

Now, September 2017, my father applied for the PCC on my behalf. He provided my new passport copy (on which I travelled there most recently as a tourist), Old resident card (which had already expired and which was linked to my old passport).

They issued the PCC stating I have no criminal history as of September 2017.
Although, in the details mentioned about the person, they mentioned my old passport number (under which I had held the resident permit), resident visa number (although I have traveled after that on a visit visa) and on the legal translation, the last line indicates the certificate was issued based on HER request (I am a guy :S)

So, to summarise, the PCC was issued after the last time I visited UAE.
It indicates my old passport number instead of the new one(I have my old passport and can provide a copy if needed), Legal translation has a mistake in addressing me - but I believe this is immaterial compared to the official declaration that has my passport number, full name etc.

Please suggest what you think? Can I use this PCC?
Also, I got this PCC only as a safety measure, just in case.
Since the age of 18, I have traveled there only for a total of 119 days (less than 4 months cumulatively).

Do they let you fill in specific date, month and year in the travel history part (if so it will be accounted as 119 days). If they allow only month and year, then the system might automatically account it for more months and then technically in the personal checklist it might request the PCC.

Waiting for your suggestions friends!

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
@legalfalcon could you kindly share your opinion on this please?

I asked this questions ages ago, but nobody managed to get back on this.
Thank you very much in advance for all your help!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I've had a resident visa in the UAE in the past, since my father worked there. This resident visa was on my old passport which has now already expired. I have visited the UAE since my resident visa/old passport has expired, as a tourist (visit visa with new passport). The last time I visited was in Jan 2016 as a tourist - not visited since.

Now, September 2017, my father applied for the PCC on my behalf. He provided my new passport copy (on which I travelled there most recently as a tourist), Old resident card (which had already expired and which was linked to my old passport).

Although, in the details mentioned about the person, they mentioned my old passport number (under which I had held the resident permit), resident visa number (although I have traveled after that on a visit visa) and on the legal translation, the last line indicates the certificate was issued based on HER request (I am a guy :S)

It indicates my old passport number instead of the new one(I have my old passport and can provide a copy if needed), Legal translation has a mistake in addressing me - but I believe this is immaterial compared to the official declaration that has my passport number, full name etc.

Since the age of 18, I have traveled there only for a total of 119 days (less than 4 months cumulatively).

Do they let you fill in specific date, month and year in the travel history part (if so it will be accounted as 119 days). If they allow only month and year, then the system might automatically account it for more months and then technically in the personal checklist it might request the PCC.

In UAE the PCC is only issued to residents. So yes, you can use that PCC and in LoE explain what you wrote in your post, but in a more succinct manner.

Cinu1

Nov 20, 2019
India

My reply:

Did you submit your file for Canada PR through express entry under Federal Skilled worker program? Also did it get accepted or create any issues, I am in the same situation and unsure about what should i do - I am also a former resident of UAE , in my PCC they mentioned my old passport number -where they have not mentioned the alphabet before the number - for example - instead of writing A123456789 they have mentioned my old passport number - 123456789.

Your response will help me greatly!

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
My reply:

Did you submit your file for Canada PR through express entry under Federal Skilled worker program? Also did it get accepted or create any issues, I am in the same situation and unsure about what should i do - I am also a former resident of UAE , in my PCC they mentioned my old passport number -where they have not mentioned the alphabet before the number - for example - instead of writing A123456789 they have mentioned my old passport number - 123456789.

Your response will help me greatly!
Keep the copy of old passport along with loe and it should be fine

Reactions: Cinu1

Cinu1

Nov 20, 2019
India
Keep the copy of old passport along with loe and it should be fine

Thank you very kind of you! If you dont mind I have one more question - I am yet to submit my PR application - received my ITA - under Federal Skilled worker (express entry). Did my medical last year , it will expire in NOV 25 2020 (my PR file will be under review)- will they tell me to redo my medical? If so how will i be notified?

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thank you very kind of you! If you dont mind I have one more question - I am yet to submit my PR application - received my ITA - under Federal Skilled worker (express entry). Did my medical last year , it will expire in NOV 25 2020 (my PR file will be under review)- will they tell me to redo my medical? If so how will i be notified?
Any further communication/requirements once file is submitted comes directly in your ircc account

Reactions: Cinu1

Cinu1

Nov 20, 2019
India
I am also a former resident of UAE , in my PCC they mentioned my old passport number -where they have not mentioned the alphabet before the number - for example - instead of writing A123456789 they have mentioned my old passport number - 123456789.

What should I do - What do I explain in my LOE.
Any further communication/requirements once file is submitted comes directly in your ircc account
thank u

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
I am also a former resident of UAE , in my PCC they mentioned my old passport number -where they have not mentioned the alphabet before the number - for example - instead of writing A123456789 they have mentioned my old passport number - 123456789.

What should I do - What do I explain in my LOE.

thank u
Hello. I have the same issue. I was wondering how did you go about it.