+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE PCC Spelling mistake

civilunderstanding

Feb 9, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all, I have two quick questions regarding my PCC from UAE, any advice will be appreciated-

1. In the "Issued To" section they have written "Government of Cannada" instead of Canada or IRCC. Will this be a problem, do i need to this all over again? I have already left UAE
2. They have also mentioned my Fathers name just beside my name, is that an issue ?

Thanks in advance, please help

zzarkhan

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
ITA recived 1 March 2017
Hi all, I have two quick questions regarding my PCC from UAE, any advice will be appreciated-

1. In the "Issued To" section they have written "Government of Cannada" instead of Canada or IRCC. Will this be a problem, do i need to this all over again? I have already left UAE
it's a typo. shouldn't be an issue as long as the certificate is valid/authentic

2. They have also mentioned my Fathers name just beside my name, is that an issue ?
Again it shouldn't be an issue. Your passport details will match with the certificate. However to be on the safe side, you can explain it within LSE.

Reactions: civilunderstanding

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
@civilunderstanding
What zzarkhan posted makes sense to me as well. Though I prefer to minimize any risk no matter how small. That's why I had to struggle for a long time before I received a PCC I was satisfied with. Just for my own peace of mind you see.

Out of curiosity, did you get your PCC from Dubai or Abu Dhabi?

civilunderstanding

Feb 9, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@civilunderstanding
What zzarkhan posted makes sense to me as well. Though I prefer to minimize any risk no matter how small. That's why I had to struggle for a long time before I received a PCC I was satisfied with. Just for my own peace of mind you see.

Out of curiosity, did you get your PCC from Dubai or Abu Dhabi?
I got it from Dubai, although the process is easy yet it can be a pain. what is best to put in "issued to" section ? since IRCC has no guidelines

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
In my PCC I had it issued to "Immigration, Refugees And Citizenship Canada".

Nc31

May 10, 2017

Government of Canada or IRCC are both the same. My own is with Canadian embassy and I didn't have any problem with it. I have my PPR already and I got mine last August.

For the name, they process the PCC based on what you have in your emirate ID and Visa. I don't think you will have any issue with that. They can verify it as well.

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
My UAE PCC has Immigration Dept. of Canada written on it, I don’t think that would be an issue. However, it also says that it is valid only for 3 months, I hope it would still be accepted as it was issued after my last visit.

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
My UAE PCC has Immigration Dept. of Canada written on it, I don’t think that would be an issue. However, it also says that it is valid only for 3 months, I hope it would still be accepted as it was issued after my last visit.
Mine is the same, they probably mean it's valid for 3 months since the date of issuance.
I believe there shouldn't be anything wrong with that, as it doesn't specify any time period in the PCC. So it should cover everything from your first stay until the issuance date.

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
Mine is the same, they probably mean it's valid for 3 months since the date of issuance.
I believe there shouldn't be anything wrong with that, as it doesn't specify any time period in the PCC. So it should cover everything from your first stay until the issuance date.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence.html

After the recent update to the PCC policy, I don’t know if this condition was already there before but it says they may request a fresh PCC if the one you provided had an expiration date and it has expired. Mine has an expiration date and it has expired so let’s see if they request a fresh one.

If you need one from a country where you lived in the past, it must have been issued after you last lived in that country. If it has an expiry date and is now expired, include it. We will let you know if you need a new one.

Akjain15

Oct 17, 2018

Can you elaborate:
1. Did you apply for UAE PCC online using Dubai Police app.
2. Did you apply from inside UAE or from outside UAE?
3. Were you required to submit your attested finger print?
2. Did you get a hard copy of PCC? If yes, How long it took for you to get the hard copy?

mamerts

May 26, 2019
HOW TO CHANGE SPELLING MISTAKE IN YOUR UAE PCC / Police Clearance:

I am replying to this old thread so I can help others who have the same issue. I have my first name spelling in my Visa wrong, and obviously it will be the wrong all through out the UAE documents (drivers license, car registration etc). Please note that your emirates card system is not connected to the Ministry of Interior database. This is my case, my Emirates ID name is correct, but my Visa name is wrong.

Obviously, if you ask for a PCC, since the data is taken from the Ministry of Interior database then your name will be wrong as well in your PCC. So, to solve this here are the steps:

1. Ask help from your PRO and tell him the you want to change spelling mistake in your name. Your PRO needs to fill a form and provide your details with your Passport as attachment. You will have to pay an amount of 150 AED for that. You need to wait for the approval of the Immigration Office and your PRO will bring your passport to them and have the new VISA sticker affixed to your passport with corrected details. By the way, you need to come with your PRO).

2. Bring your Passport with your new visa to any Ministry of Interior or Police Service Centers (in abu dhabi it is in Muroor IT Building of the Police right next to the Vehicle Testing and Registration). Go to the reception and ask the you want to correct the spelling mistake in your License. Then they will give you a token Number. The staff will ask for the new visa and you have to pay for 100 AED for the name change. They will reprint your new license with the new name details.

3. Go to the MoI Portal and login if not register then do so. Here's the direct link -> https://www.moi.gov.ae/en/default.aspx

4. If you have already registered before, you will notice that your name is also not changed. Yes, because they are not connected directly. This is also true in the MOI application in Android and iPhone. So to change this, from the URL above, you will find in the bottom right of the page a chat section. Click on it and fill a small form and select the section select "complain" and then select "electronic services one". Tell them that you want to change the name on the portal. They will ask for your Emirates ID Number + Your Phone Number + and your username in the portal. They will update the name and refresh the page. After few minutes you will see that your name change int the mobile app and your name also changed in the top right of the page.

5. Now you can request for your PCC with the correct name from this page -> https://portal.moi.gov.ae/eservices/PolicingServices/Certificates/ClearanceCertificate.aspx?Culture=en . The payment require is 50 AED, to send it to your email.

Please note the the first step will take time depends on your PRO and the process of approval of course. All the succeeding steps is easy.

I hope i was able to help people who has the same issue with their names ;-)

Last edited:

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW

I was also outside Emirates when I applied for the PCC, and I have had similar issues as well, but sorted them out easily as follows:

First of all, the passport number in my PCC was my old passport number, upon which my residence visa was issued when I was in Emirates. Second issue was that my father's name was mentioned beside my name, because that was how it was shown on my residence visa.

After receiving the PCC via e-mail, I called a gentleman Mr. Basheer from Dubai Police General Headquarters, Criminals Investigation Department office fingerprint section. If I have written down correctly, the number was 00971 4 609 6412. Anyhow, I told him about the issues in the PCC and one day after I received the corrected PCC via e-mail.

I hope the above would help.

Best Regards,

ssrowar

Sep 20, 2022
HOW TO CHANGE SPELLING MISTAKE IN YOUR UAE PCC / Police Clearance:

I am replying to this old thread so I can help others who have the same issue. I have my first name spelling in my Visa wrong, and obviously it will be the wrong all through out the UAE documents (drivers license, car registration etc). Please note that your emirates card system is not connected to the Ministry of Interior database. This is my case, my Emirates ID name is correct, but my Visa name is wrong.

Obviously, if you ask for a PCC, since the data is taken from the Ministry of Interior database then your name will be wrong as well in your PCC. So, to solve this here are the steps:

1. Ask help from your PRO and tell him the you want to change spelling mistake in your name. Your PRO needs to fill a form and provide your details with your Passport as attachment. You will have to pay an amount of 150 AED for that. You need to wait for the approval of the Immigration Office and your PRO will bring your passport to them and have the new VISA sticker affixed to your passport with corrected details. By the way, you need to come with your PRO).

2. Bring your Passport with your new visa to any Ministry of Interior or Police Service Centers (in abu dhabi it is in Muroor IT Building of the Police right next to the Vehicle Testing and Registration). Go to the reception and ask the you want to correct the spelling mistake in your License. Then they will give you a token Number. The staff will ask for the new visa and you have to pay for 100 AED for the name change. They will reprint your new license with the new name details.

3. Go to the MoI Portal and login if not register then do so. Here's the direct link -> https://www.moi.gov.ae/en/default.aspx

4. If you have already registered before, you will notice that your name is also not changed. Yes, because they are not connected directly. This is also true in the MOI application in Android and iPhone. So to change this, from the URL above, you will find in the bottom right of the page a chat section. Click on it and fill a small form and select the section select "complain" and then select "electronic services one". Tell them that you want to change the name on the portal. They will ask for your Emirates ID Number + Your Phone Number + and your username in the portal. They will update the name and refresh the page. After few minutes you will see that your name change int the mobile app and your name also changed in the top right of the page.

5. Now you can request for your PCC with the correct name from this page -> https://portal.moi.gov.ae/eservices/PolicingServices/Certificates/ClearanceCertificate.aspx?Culture=en . The payment require is 50 AED, to send it to your email.

Please note the the first step will take time depends on your PRO and the process of approval of course. All the succeeding steps is easy.

I hope i was able to help people who has the same issue with their names ;-)
Hi,
I have a same problem with my wife PCC, right we out of UAE. Her name and Nationality was wrong but EID is ok. How can i fix her PCC?

razorback605

Dec 14, 2022
hi.
i have a problem in my uae police clearance, they issued me a certificate with wrong personal data in my name and personal picture how can i fix this error please help me.
i am outside of uae and i already expired my emirates ang residence visa.

Last edited: