+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE PCC (no Emirates ID)

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Before I ask my question I know the following

1. The PCC can be applied online if you have an Emirates ID. (I do not have it - they never issued me one as I was in the UAE till 2009).

2. Fingerprinting for non EID holders is possible from the country of residence (Where I reside, the procedures are entangled so after weeks of roaming in and out of government offices, I decided not to take that path and visit UAE in person to get things sorted out).

I was in the UAE from 2003-2009 as a student (never 6 months in a row). I graduated in May 2009 and left the UAE on 28th May 2009. Returned to the UAE for some formalities on the 4th of July 2009 and left on the 24th of July. Thereafter my residence visa was cancelled.

I talked to the Sharjah police authorities. They were baffled by the fact that I did not have an EID. They refused any help whatsoever and directed me to try my luck with the Abu Dhabi or Dubai Police.

My question is to those who never had an EID and had to get a PCC made recently by visiting Dubai / Abu Dhabi. What was the procedure you followed and how long did it take?

Thanks in advance.

seff786

Apr 26, 2019
You don’t need a pcc since it’s been more than ten years, or are you telling us that you have your ita and this happened before the completion of ten years ?

It’s not easy as the uae system in its current form is perfectly geared to issuing pcc for ppl with emirates Id, for ppl who don’t have it the lesser said the better as the officials have not been given sufficient instructions as to what to do and their go to reply is for you to send the attested finger print report by post. (And well god help you with that as no country wants to make it easy for you to do that )

So if you don’t have your ita yet, just wait another month or so and your safe, if you do then Iam sorry I don’t see any other solution other than sending a finger print report by post and hoping for the best,

Or is your crs already high ? Like > 450 , if it is you could decline the current one and get into the pool again after the ten year period is over.

Either ways wish you the best

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
The fingerprints themselves are being problematic. There is a forensic department in my country with excellent professionals who are willing to help me with the fingerprints. Unfortunately the form uploaded by the Dubai police is not accepted by the ministry of foreign affairs in my country. If they don't sign, UAE Embassy doesn't sign. Diplomatic issues you know.

I talked to one of the attestation agencies in my hometown and they said that the fingerprints they submit to the UAE embassy are taken on an "Affidavit paper". When I mentioned the form they seemed very surprised as they had not heard about this form before. They advised me to take the fingerprints on the affidavit paper on the same manner as indicated on the Dubai police form.

The 'paper' would easily be attested by the ministry of foreign affairs and UAE embassy but I am unsure if Dubai police will accept it.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
You don’t need a pcc since it’s been more than ten years, or are you telling us that you have your ita and this happened before the completion of ten years ?

It’s not easy as the uae system in its current form is perfectly geared to issuing pcc for ppl with emirates Id, for ppl who don’t have it the lesser said the better as the officials have not been given sufficient instructions as to what to do and their go to reply is for you to send the attested finger print report by post. (And well god help you with that as no country wants to make it easy for you to do that )

So if you don’t have your ita yet, just wait another month or so and your safe, if you do then Iam sorry I don’t see any other solution other than sending a finger print report by post and hoping for the best,

Or is your crs already high ? Like > 450 , if it is you could decline the current one and get into the pool again after the ten year period is over.

My apologies for the confusion. Let me explain my situation.

I finished my undergraduate studies on the 28th of May 2009 and returned to my country from the UAE. This is exactly 10 years from today.

From 20th August 2003 to 28th May 2009, I studied in the UAE and returned to my home country after every semester for a few days (a few weeks in the summer) In all this time I had never stayed in the UAE for 6 months straight (at max 4 months in a stretch, then a few days / weeks break then another four months). Since I graduated in May 2009, I left the UAE only to return back to UAE on the 4th of July for 20 days (on the same resident student visa issued by the university). When I left the UAE on 24th July 2009, my visa was cancelled after a week or two.

My consultant is pushing me to apply for the UAE PCC as two of his clients were asked for PCCs beyond the 10 year threshold. I am of the opinion that since my 4 month stretches were exactly more than 10 years ago, I shouldn't be bothered about the UAE PCC.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019

And yes you are right. They have absolutely no clue as to what is happening and what to do. I am still trying to get an understanding as to how I will go about this procedure.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Try contacting the UAE Ministry of Interior instead of Dubai or AD police.

The Ministry of Interior also issue PCCs that are accepted by IRCC, and they are also cheaper (cost me aed 50 only compared to aed 200 from Dubai Police).

Perhaps the UAE Ministry of Interior will have their own fingerprint forms that will be accepted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Try contacting the UAE Ministry of Interior instead of Dubai or AD police.

The Ministry of Interior also issue PCCs that are accepted by IRCC, and they are also cheaper (cost me aed 50 only compared to aed 200 from Dubai Police).

Perhaps the UAE Ministry of Interior will have their own fingerprint forms that will be accepted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country.
No joy with them so far either. Lets see what happens. MOI is very particular about EID holders.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
No joy with them so far either. Lets see what happens. MOI is very particular about EID holders.
Do you have an ITA already? If you do you will know whether or not UAE PCC is required from the document checklist.

If it is in the document checklist, then your best bet would be to travel to Dubai and get it done in person. PCCs are usually issued within 2 business days so you won't have to be in the country long.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Do you have an ITA already? If you do you will know whether or not UAE PCC is required from the document checklist.

If it is in the document checklist, then your best bet would be to travel to Dubai and get it done in person. PCCs are usually issued within 2 business days so you won't have to be in the country long.
I am willing to go to Dubai in person to get it done. But ive been told the procedure isnt straight forward for non EID holders so I am still waiting for my contacts to get back to me.

No ITA yet sir. Preparing my checklists in advance :)

Document checklist? What is this exactly?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
The document checklist is a table showing all required documents that you need to upload.

Each row in the table will have a description of the document required, and an upload button for that document. This checklist will be generated based on your profile and post-ITA forms.

So each required PCC will have its own button and that's how you'll know if the UAE PCC will be required for you or not.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
The document checklist is a table showing all required documents that you need to upload.

Each row in the table will have a description of the document required, and an upload button for that document. This checklist will be generated based on your profile and post-ITA forms.

So each required PCC will have its own button and that's how you'll know if the UAE PCC will be required for you or not.
Understood. Thanks ! :)

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
As far as I have deduced, no EID - no PCC. Period :)

Sky_01

Aug 13, 2014
Check the Dubai Police website that has guided instruction for:

• If you have E-ID (pretty simple involves just 2 steps; inexpensive $100)

• If you do not have E-ID (seems not easy but not difficult too; expensive $250-300)

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
Check the Dubai Police website that has guided instruction for:
  • If you have E-ID (pretty simple; inexpensive $100)
  • If you do not have E-ID (seems not easy but not difficult too; expensive $250-300)
It looks very systematic on the site but ground reality is that most officers do not know about the non EID procedure

Sky_01

Aug 13, 2014
It looks very systematic on the site but ground reality is that most officers do not know about the non EID procedure
YOU CAN DO IT ON DUBAI POLICE WEBSITE, JUST UPLOAD THE DOCUMENTS THEY NEED (NO NEED OF BIOMETRICS IF YOU HAD EMIRATES ID).
The ONLY DIFFICULT THING IS TO GET SOMEONE TO USE A GCC ISSUED CREDIT CARD ON YOUR BEHALF.