+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Driving license acceptance in Canada April 2018

Abdusalam

Dec 20, 2021
Hi
I have a Abu Dhabi issue Automatic Car driving license issued in 2015.
I was trying to apply for the experience certificate online - but the system is asking for a 8 digit traffic code, where as my license mentions a 10 digit traffic code.
I have emailed ADPOLICE many times, but they haven't yet replied (been quite some time).
I am just getting one year of experience without the experience certificate and so being eligible to appear for G2. If I can get this experience letter, I can add the experience to my file here in Ontario and make myself eligible for G.
Please advise
Hey, I'm having the same issues with the experience certificate. Mine is 10 digits traffic code as well and started with 3. Did you resolve this issue? I got my license from Sharjah in 2017.

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
Hey, I'm having the same issues with the experience certificate. Mine is 10 digits traffic code as well and started with 3. Did you resolve this issue? I got my license from Sharjah in 2017.
No I wasn't. I took the G1 G2 route. It's sad because I spent so much on UAE license and I couldn't use it. The RTA site is only for license issued in Dubai. For Abu Dhabi they don't have any such site and when I called them, they asked me to personally visit their office or send someone.

Mantri1288

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
HI ALL,

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE A PRECISE INFORMATION

1) WHERE TO GET DRIVING EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE FOR RAK (MY UAE LICENSE FROM RAK)
ANY PROPER PLACE/ CONTACT DETAILS TO VISIT AND COLLECT FROM RAK ?

2) ANY VALIDITY REQUIRED FOR DL EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE FOR DRIVING LICENSE IN REGINA (SASKATCHEWAN)

APPRECIATE YOUR VALUABLE REPLIES

THANK YOU.

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
HI ALL,

1) WHERE TO GET DRIVING EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE FOR RAK (MY UAE LICENSE FROM RAK)

2) ANY VALIDITY REQUIRED FOR DL EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE FOR DRIVING LICENSE IN REGINA (SASKATCHEWAN)

THANK YOU.

please see this post
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/uae-licence-fujairah-how-i-can-get-fujairah-driving-exp-latter.657151/post-10205299

karim999

Nov 24, 2022
HI ALL,

THANK YOU.
maybe this link will help (and I believe you will receive the certificate online by email)

https://www.rta.ae/wps/portal/rta/ae/home/rta-services/service-details?serviceId=3704313

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
My wife has UAE driving license and living in Alberta and she has experience letter also. What knowledge test must be taken to convert her driving license to Alberta class 7 knowledge test or class 5 knowledge test? or can she give direct road test. any body guide

Last edited:

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
My wife has UAE driving license and living in Alberta and she has experience letter also. What knowledge test must be taken to convert her driving license to Alberta class 7 knowledge test or class 5 knowledge test? or can she give direct road test. any body guide
I am in Ontario,
So with Exp. letter I did my G1 test (Q/A) and then directly went to my G test - by passes G2 test with the experience letter.

here_123

Dec 27, 2022
My UAE driving licence is 7 years old with clean history . I also got an international licence from UAE .
I am now an international student in Ontario . So how much time will take to get Canada driving licence . How much tests i have to go thorough.
How long i can drive in UAE licence?
Hi there, I just came across your thread, even tho it's few years old by now.
May I ask if you were able to get your Ontario license? and if yeah, then what was the process?

ps- I am moving to Ontario in 2 months, and I have a UAE license with 4 yrs experience.

Taju143

Oct 26, 2022
Hi there, I just came across your thread, even tho it's few years old by now.
May I ask if you were able to get your Ontario license? and if yeah, then what was the process?

ps- I am moving to Ontario in 2 months, and I have a UAE license with 4 yrs experience.
Hi bro, you got your driving license extract, im also from ajman, moving to canada next month, please guide me if you got extract, im living in ajman,

here_123

Dec 27, 2022
Hi bro, you got your driving license extract, im also from ajman, moving to canada next month, please guide me if you got extract, im living in ajman,
Hi man,
I'm not 100% sure about Ajman license, but I guess the process might be the same for both Ajman and Dubai.
I've copied the link below, go through "Apply" for Driver Experience Certificate and follow thru.
Hope this helps.
https://www.rta.ae/wps/portal/rta/ae/home/rta-services/service-details?serviceId=3704313

aymannn

Sep 16, 2023
Canada driving license can be converted to a UAE driving license after doing an eye test if the holder of the license submits the application in Dubai. Driving license translation in Abu Dhabi is required. There are 44 countries can convert their driving license to a Dubai one. The list of countries is: Albania, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, and The United States.

AnnaBe

Mar 24, 2024
Hey, thanks for sharing your experience, I would like to know if the attestation is required from Ministry of Affairs?

These are the terms and conditions mentioned on RTA website
  • In case the customer is applying for an experience certificate to use outside the country, the certificate must be authenticated and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai
  • The customer is required to pay all the fines related to the driving license.
Thank you for sharing a picture, it is really helpful. Did you get as an email from RTA or how?