+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE candidates - Declare oman visa runs?

blisserhk13

Jan 18, 2017
I had done Oman visa runs a few times to renew my visa in Dubai.

Should I also include these in travel history? It is literally going to the border of Oman for 5 min and come back

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
If you have any stamp on your passport for your visit, do explain that.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had done Oman visa runs a few times to renew my visa in Dubai.

Should I also include these in travel history? It is literally going to the border of Oman for 5 min and come back
I don't see any problem in declaring those visits unless adding those few visits makes your total time spent in Oman to over 6 months (which means you would require a PCC from Oman).

saskwaiting

Apr 24, 2017
I don't see any problem in declaring those visits unless adding those few visits makes your total time spent in Oman to over 6 months (which means you would require a PCC from Oman).
Just yesterday I received email from London Visa office asking explanation letter why I went to Saudi Arabia and came back same day?
Actual story is I went for Umrah on my car, while coming back at saudi border they put exit stamp on my passport but that lazy immigration officer didn't bother to Exit me on his computer system. After few days my travel agent call me and asked me to again go to Saudi Arabia border and ask them to Exit you from their system otherwise you will be considered illegal resident in Saudi Arabia as in their system you're still in Saudi Arabia, so I made a visit to Saudi Border again for few minutes which cost me 12 hours of round trip from Dubai to Saudi border.
Anyways because there was a Exit and Entry Stamp from United Arab Emirates border (no saudi entry for that day) so now CIC needs an explanation of this visit. If there is an Exit Entry stamp on your passport, you need to mention it with little description. If they need any explanation they will send you email, but don't leave a gap of being rejected due to misrepresentation.

blisserhk13

Jan 18, 2017
Just yesterday I received email from London Visa office asking explanation letter why I went to Saudi Arabia and came back same day?
Actual story is I went for Umrah on my car, while coming back at saudi border they put exit stamp on my passport but that lazy immigration officer didn't bother to Exit me on his computer system. After few days my travel agent call me and asked me to again go to Saudi Arabia border and ask them to Exit you from their system otherwise you will be considered illegal resident in Saudi Arabia as in their system you're still in Saudi Arabia, so I made a visit to Saudi Border again for few minutes which cost me 12 hours of round trip from Dubai to Saudi border.
Anyways because there was a Exit and Entry Stamp from United Arab Emirates border (no saudi entry for that day) so now CIC needs an explanation of this visit. If there is an Exit Entry stamp on your passport, you need to mention it with little description. If they need any explanation they will send you email, but don't leave a gap of being rejected due to misrepresentation.
Thank you so much for your reply! This is really helpful!

I have maxed out the 30 entry limit of the travel history.
I plan to state in the letter of explanation that -
During May 2012 to Oct 2012, I had to exit UAE to Oman and come back in the same day for my tourist visa's renewal every 30 days.

Do you think it is fine? Or do i need to state every single exit and entry date?

Thanks again!

blisserhk13

Jan 18, 2017
Some of the stamp's dates are really unviewable now. Can I simply state in LOE that I did visa run to Oman every 30 days during 2012 may to oct to renew my visa instead of 1 entry per stamp again?

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some of the stamp's dates are really unviewable now. Can I simply state in LOE that I did visa run to Oman every 30 days during 2012 may to oct to renew my visa instead of 1 entry per stamp again?
Try to identify as many stamps as possible and supplement that with a LoE. I think that should suffice. The authorities are mostly interested to know what all countries have you visited, the duration of your stay there and the purpose of your visit. All the best with your application.

Reactions: Funkdakarma

saskwaiting

Apr 24, 2017
Try to recall either from your calendar or any where you have recorded your trips. As per my information, you need to mention each travel information, even if you come back same day or same hour. As far as stamps are concerned, yes I do have many stamps that are not visible, I also have an entry stamp that is half on page and half in air :), no body in the world looking at that stamp can know which year I entered unless you go to Immigration Authority and ask them.
Hope this make things clear for you.