+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

U.S To Canada

Devmoo

Oct 31, 2018
Hi there my girlfriend from America would like to move here with me and attend school as well. I have collected a couple of questions that I hope some of you can address.

1. Will I be able to present my income + savings of over 10k to support her instead of her showing 10k in her bank for a student visa? she currently does not have that money and I wish to support her living expenses while she is here.
  2. Can she apply from within Canada while she is visiting within her 6 month period? I heard that she must leave Canada temporarily (go over the border to Seattle maybe) in order to go through the application process, can somebody maybe explain this a little bit better and how this process works?
  3. What are the rejection rates for extending a visitor visa, is it common to get rejected? (what are reasons for rejection)
  4. If we extended her visitor visa to a year, would we qualify for common law, and can she stay here while the application in progress?
She is young (21), as I am (23) but I make good money. She does not have any work experience outside of the regular retail job, and no college/uni education.

What is the best way for her to immigrate here and live with me? I am willing to sponsor but marriage is something we wanted to wait for. Please let me know some options and how costly this process may be. I make decent enough money to support us, I'm just wanting more insight on the process.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there my girlfriend from America would like to move here with me and attend school as well. I have collected a couple of questions that I hope some of you can address.

1. Will I be able to present my income + savings of over 10k to support her instead of her showing 10k in her bank for a student visa? she currently does not have that money and I wish to support her living expenses while she is here.
  2. Can she apply from within Canada while she is visiting within her 6 month period? I heard that she must leave Canada temporarily (go over the border to Seattle maybe) in order to go through the application process, can somebody maybe explain this a little bit better and how this process works?
  3. What are the rejection rates for extending a visitor visa, is it common to get rejected? (what are reasons for rejection)
  4. If we extended her visitor visa to a year, would we qualify for common law, and can she stay here while the application in progress?
She is young (21), as I am (23) but I make good money. She does not have any work experience outside of the regular retail job, and no college/uni education.

What is the best way for her to immigrate here and live with me? I am willing to sponsor but marriage is something we wanted to wait for. Please let me know some options and how costly this process may be. I make decent enough money to support us, I'm just wanting more insight on the process.

Thanks!

Recommend you check you thread from last year. Most of your questions are answered there.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/long-distance-girlfriend-from-usa-wants-to-move-here.592585/