16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
rajulita02 said:
any update on anyone status rather than Medical being passed?
I have heard one shocking news that CIC is cancelling application if FBI PCC is OLD than 3 months...so I am really worried..

One huy Gustcan has reported in his thread..
It took about a week for us to get our medical accepted. We got our application in on the first, and our medical was done about 2 weeks before that.

ssudarjothi

Star Member
May 5, 2015
How much is charged for taking Medicals in US? Is that a total package or we need to go to different hospital for taking different test?

Me too don't have my FBI Report. waiting for my ITA in the upcoming draw... planning to submit with an explanation letter..

anyone's application got processed with an explanation letter without FBI Report?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ssudarjothi said:
How much is charged for taking Medicals in US? Is that a total package or we need to go to different hospital for taking different test?

Me too don't have my FBI Report. waiting for my ITA in the upcoming draw... planning to submit with an explanation letter..

anyone's application got processed with an explanation letter without FBI Report?
Don't know, but one person's was refused with the explanation.

Don't wait, apply for your FBI certificate now if you haven't aready done so, PCCs from your country of residence can now bue up to 6 months old at the time of application -

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
I got married in India 2 weeks back and my wife will probably come to US in June.

Is it okay if she does her medical tests in India or should it be the same place where I did my medicals?

I got my status updated to medical passed in the 1st week of May.

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
In one of the documents I received from CIC, it mentions I need to make case specific enquiry in the country in which I am living. For US, it mentions Los Angeles, New York but both these locations do not have Texas under the territory covered.

Which CIC office should the case specific enquiry be directed to?

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Looking here,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#u

It looks like for permanent residency, they suggest Express Entry or CPC-O. LA and NY are for "Visitor visas, Temporary Resident Permits, Rehabilitation and Authority to Return to Canada".

If you look at CPC-O:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Questions about Permanent Resident Visa applications from within Canada and the U.S. ONLY

"We will only respond to enquiries regarding Permanent Resident Visa applications currently being processed at CPC-O."

Have you tried there?

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
kateg said:
Looking here,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#u

It looks like for permanent residency, they suggest Express Entry or CPC-O. LA and NY are for "Visitor visas, Temporary Resident Permits, Rehabilitation and Authority to Return to Canada".

If you look at CPC-O:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Questions about Permanent Resident Visa applications from within Canada and the U.S. ONLY

"We will only respond to enquiries regarding Permanent Resident Visa applications currently being processed at CPC-O."

Have you tried there?
Thanks for your reply kateg.

It makes sense to send the enquiry to Ottawa from the link you mentioned.
Thanks again

Chaoen

Apr 17, 2015
Hi,

Does anybody know how to make money order/certified check/bank draft in canadian dollars in the US?
Thanks,

Chaoen

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Hi Guys,

I received an email requesting for passports/documents to be sent to Ottawa, presumably for visa stamping. Does anyone know what service to use to send my passport to Canada from US; my concern is that mailing passports abroad is something that is not completely OK and US immigration can/will with-hold/confiscate my passport for this reason alone which I really don't want to deal with. Please advise.

Thank you...

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
CIC asked me to send my passport with photos and annex a, which I did but today I received an email saying that my photos don't meet the specifications provided. My pictures were taken at the photo studio at Costco, who said that they only do standard photos which are 2X2, but CIC asks for 2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long. I asked FedEx and they also said that they won't do anything other than the 2X2s
This is what the photo specs from CIC say:
50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).

Can anyone tell me where to get the photos that meet the CIC specs in US. Specifically people who have got their PR visa already stamped on their passports.

Thanks.