+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

U of Toronto 2015 Winter, passport requested

Ben215

Oct 15, 2014
Just saw a message in my online application, CIC is requesting passport from me. Does that mean visa approved? :)

BTW, I'm going to U of Toronto 2015 winter, ECE Meng program. UT friends lets connect here. ;)

Ben215

Oct 15, 2014
Mfrithy said:
Yes you visa is approved!!! congratulations!!!!!
Thank you!

Just in case if anyone is curious: I'm with student visa in US and applied online on 9/29. Got the passport request today. Took 2 weeks and 2 days

manJay

Jul 18, 2014
Hello

Congratulations Ben215. Could you please share your profile? I'm also planning to apply UofT for next Sep intake. Thanks

Ben215

Oct 15, 2014
manJay said:
Hello

Congratulations Ben215. Could you please share your profile? I'm also planning to apply UofT for next Sep intake. Thanks
Bachelor in EE in China, 4 years EE work experience in US. Low GPA (80/100), IELTS 7.5

Good luck!

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Ben,

First of all congrats..your visa was very quick, myslef applied for study permit and my spouse Open work permit. applied on 09/25 and no response till date..

BTW did u take medicals?

Ben215

Oct 15, 2014
luckyBoy said:
Ben,

First of all congrats..your visa was very quick, myslef applied for study permit and my spouse Open work permit. applied on 09/25 and no response till date..

BTW did u take medicals?
Medical is not necessary for me. From CIC website:

You will need a medical exam if you:

have lived temporarily for six or more consecutive months
in one or more of these countries or territories
in the one year immediately before the date you want to enter Canada. (This applies even if you are a citizen of a country that does not need a visa to enter Canada.) or
will come to Canada to work in an occupation in which public health must be protected. See below for jobs for which you need a medical exam.
apply for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa.

None of these apply to me. If you've lived in US for one year immediately before the date you want to enter Canada, u'll be fine.