NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi,

That's a very strange and impractical condition.Has it been implemented recently,or is it applicable to certain persons.Till last month people were not facing such situation,if i m not wrong.

Thanks

khanwaja

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2008
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Apr 2009
Med's Request
Nov 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2010
LANDED..........
August 2010
I got my passport from CIC london with visa for all the family...but i wasn't told to cancel uae residence visa.... i sent my passport on 2nd week of march and got passport submission request in first week of march...

i don't think its true news that uae visa has to be cancelled before getting canadian PR ...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
saxena.sagar said:
but..
what about qorax.. he is still in UAE and he has already got the visa now.. how?
i think i'll enquire about this rule with him as well
As I understand, there is a bit of confusion here on the matter.

1. Firstly, Neither the OP6 mentions about it, nor is there any update about the mater on their website.
2. Secondly, canceling another country's visa is not under the purview of any country's laws.
3. Thirdly, Canada itself permits the 2/5 rule -of staying abroad & yet maintaining one's PR. -no change there yet.
4. Fourthly, even the Newcomer's Guide advises the PA to 'land' first, settle down & then get the family.
5. Fifthly, No such info has yet been sent to all the CSIC member Consultants. -usually they do for major rule changes.

6. Sixthly, the first case who reported this in Dxb [after attending his interview in Adh] -the same day I got my visa/s. No such questions asked.

7. Seventhly, Not just me [even till day before] there are many in the UAE who got their visa/s from CHC-London, w/out any such queries/notifications. As I said, day before yesterday also one of the families got their PRVs & they are also a 'normal' FSW case.

8. Eigthly & most importantly: All cases [except one] who were asked to relinquish their UAE visas before getting the PR stamped were FSW with AEO cases. That makes some sense -given the enormous volume of AEO scams going around [u know what I mean, don't u?].

Qorax

cheot09

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
uae
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
nil
File Transfer...
Mar 29, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 9, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Interview........
Mar 8, 2010
Passport Req..
April 12, 2010 (sent on May 1, received by CHC May 4, 2010)
VISA ISSUED...
May 11, 2010 (returned to me on May 19, 2010)
really? is that a new rule? that is so bad..

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax has made an enormous point if it is true that this person who was asked to cancel his UAE visa had an AEO. That sounds very justifiable to me. It is just right that this person cancel his UAE visa to prove that the AEO is in fact valid.

I have no problem with cancelling my UAE visa when it is time for us to go but the UAE government only allows us to stay in the emirates for 28 days (not 30) after visa cancellation. After that period then we will be considered as illegal residents and will have to pay Dhs 100/day. 28 days is NOT enough to wait for the PPs to return and to chase after our end of service benefits; and that is during a season where there are no scheduled holidays. It is too much of a risk to continue residing here with a cancelled residence visa and then also without a passport! Any thing can happen within a span of 28 days and no one would want to be caught without a passport and a valid residence visa.

At the very least, they should have announced this new rule months in advance and not spring it on us on the spur of the moment. Just like the new rule about not being given a second chance to prove our language proficiency. This rule did not automatically affect all papers that are still in process but will only affect those that will still be submitted.

S

shibuya

My advice to anyone out there who lands in a similar situation is to inform CHC that the U.A.E VISA will be cancelled before entering Canada or else they could refuse entry.
But is they insist to cancel before and then send for Visa stamping it is a risk as no CHC returns pp in a stipulated time frame .

azolyma2canada

Nov 2, 2009
sorry guys but what does AEO mean? I also have a permanent resident visa here in uae that's why i am a bit affected with this issue. thanks

cheot09

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
uae
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
nil
File Transfer...
Mar 29, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 9, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Interview........
Mar 8, 2010
Passport Req..
April 12, 2010 (sent on May 1, received by CHC May 4, 2010)
VISA ISSUED...
May 11, 2010 (returned to me on May 19, 2010)
qorax said:
As I understand, there is a bit of confusion here on the matter.

1. Firstly, Neither the OP6 mentions about it, nor is there any update about the mater on their website.
2. Secondly, canceling another country's visa is not under the purview of any country's laws.
3. Thirdly, Canada itself permits the 2/5 rule -of staying abroad & yet maintaining one's PR. -no change there yet.
4. Fourthly, even the Newcomer's Guide advises the PA to 'land' first, settle down & then get the family.
5. Fifthly, No such info has yet been sent to all the CSIC member Consultants. -usually they do for major rule changes.

6. Sixthly, the first case who reported this in Dxb [after attending his interview in Adh] -the same day I got my visa/s. No such questions asked.

7. Seventhly, Not just me [even till day before] there are many in the UAE who got their visa/s from CHC-London, w/out any such queries/notifications. As I said, day before yesterday also one of the families got their PRVs & they are also a 'normal' FSW case.

8. Eigthly & most importantly: All cases [except one] who were asked to relinquish their UAE visas before getting the PR stamped were FSW with AEO cases. That makes some sense -given the enormous volume of AEO scams going around [u know what I mean, don't u?].

Qorax
thank u qorax for the clarification...it really made sense..im also affected if ever this is a new rule from CHC..

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poison said:
Agree with PMM and Slavasz...

I know couple of families doing the same. They get $300 / month for each child as benefit even while they stay in UAE and not in Canada. They do not pay any taxes and every year they visit Canada, spend a week or so and come back...

My point is, if you do not want to go or live there, why apply for PR! Just for benefits and to keep a window open!
What a shame!! What an Irony of Life!!!
People who are not ready to move and live in Canada are getting Medicals and PPR while those who are in the position of packing their luggage the next day and are ready to move as soon as that happens are yet to receive a documents update letter.

CHC London, wake up!!!

Naija people go say, Na wa o. I go die.

BobbyB

saxena.sagar

Star Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:

Qorax
completely justified

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I just need to add one more point to the facts. Actually during the last 15 days 2 people were informed by Abu Dhabhi Embassy tht they would ve to cancel their UAE visa before PR stamping and only 1 of them got an AEO ,not both.The other applicant had the same FSW general case like most of the applicants.The person with AEO has not still received official letter by CHC but was only informed by the interviewing officer(at the time of his interview) ,whereas the other guy(without the job offer) received an official letter.In my view interesting fact is that both of these guys were called for an interview although for different reasons.

Regards

orchan_pasha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Every where other then home!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Accordingly, this would enatil us all (with AEO or without) to be subjected to this new rule? and, personally, I don't think the interview has any thing to do with it.

Qorax & all, for your further advice please.

kash0081

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
hi... this is ... a new thing ......
i got ppr .... with AEO nothing mentioned ....
i delayed pp submission due child addition ....
recently got childs medical updated pccs ..... no mention of this .....
my interview was scheduled and after one week received wavier e-mail of same .... no mention of the same ....
i am waiting for ppr again .........

i would request all pls all .... and specially those who have received the letter to cancel the visa please share ..... any one received official documentation ... with this pls ...... as generally maintaining two residences is not allowed .... (logically speaking) however till now almost all migrants have not canceled their visas until they have fully settled and integrated ......
pls ... guys .... any one having official news on this ....

seniors /qorax saab pls get some soild info ......
regards
kash.