+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

typo error

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a month ago, we submitted our application for my permanent residency under common law using a representative/agent..
tonight as i was reading the email that they sent me regarding that my application has been submitted, i noticed some errors..
First is they typed Mr. for me instead of Ms. and they stated there that my bf is 29 year old which is not because he just turned 28.
Although this errors can only be found at the letter that they wrote to give the Immigration a brief summary of my application i was a little worried if these errors could slow down my application? do we need to correct those mistakes? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
june1990 said:
a month ago, we submitted our application for my permanent residency under common law using a representative/agent..
tonight as i was reading the email that they sent me regarding that my application has been submitted, i noticed some errors..
First is they typed Mr. for me instead of Ms. and they stated there that my bf is 29 year old which is not because he just turned 28.
Although this errors can only be found at the letter that they wrote to give the Immigration a brief summary of my application i was a little worried if these errors could slow down my application? do we need to correct those mistakes? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Another proof why no one should ever use representatives for the spousal application (or perhaps any?). In order to have your applications submitted you should have signed all of your forms. Did you check them before signing, were they correct? Do you have copies so you can check?
It is not important at all what is written in the consultant's letter to you, but it is VERY important whats in the forms submitted to CIC. You file can be returned or rejected if there are such mistakes in the forms. I suggest that you ask your representative to send you copies of all forms and carefully check them again.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have a copy thats why i managed to check it yesterday. there are some errors such as Mr. instead of Ms.
and my boyfriend's age.its not on any of the forms though. just their cover letter for the immigration. would that be still okay?

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would not worry about such trivial mistakes, though it would be a good idea to get your representative to send a letter correcting the mistakes.