+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Typical scores for canadian undergrad with canadian work experience

tsf14

Feb 17, 2013
I have completed my undergrad from Canada and have been working full-time as an engineer since I graduated, which is for 16 months now.

In my EE application, I seem to max out at 438. Is this supposed to be typical of such applicants?

My IELTS score was 7/8/8/8.5 which came out to be 130 points. What is the highest point I can get here? I thought this score would be pretty good.

From the looks of it, 438 is not going to make the cut anytime soon. What are my options here?

Hhh466

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With one year of experience the max points an international student can get is 444 and thats with a perfect english language test score only.

In my opinion you at 438 will get an ITA when and if they decide to go below 450.

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not many chances to improve your score. The scores have to come down in the next few months or on completion of 2 years of Canadian experience you can see an increase in your points and that can get you an ITA.

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsf14 said:
I have completed my undergrad from Canada and have been working full-time as an engineer since I graduated, which is for 16 months now.

In my EE application, I seem to max out at 438. Is this supposed to be typical of such applicants?

My IELTS score was 7/8/8/8.5 which came out to be 130 points. What is the highest point I can get here? I thought this score would be pretty good.

From the looks of it, 438 is not going to make the cut anytime soon. What are my options here?
If you have enough time left in your PGWP to get 2 years of experience, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Two years of work experience has good odds in landing an ITA for you.