+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TWP @ the port of entry?

Gilberto DiPiento

Sep 16, 2022
Hello, I read and I was told that if a person is eligible for ETA and the employer has met the LMIA requirements than a person can apply for TWP @ the port of entry and it does not take time to process the TWP application, is that correct? What do I need, just that LMIA job offer email?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I read and I was told that if a person is eligible for ETA and the employer has met the LMIA requirements than a person can apply for TWP @ the port of entry and it does not take time to process the TWP application, is that correct? What do I need, just that LMIA job offer email?
If you meet the requirements, yes it is possible. See IRCC website for about getting work permit at POE. You need to bring proof of work experience and education. Don’t know NOC so can’t comment.

Reactions: scylla

Gilberto DiPiento

Sep 16, 2022
If you meet the requirements, yes it is possible. See IRCC website for about getting work permit at POE. You need to bring proof of work experience and education. Don’t know NOC so can’t comment.
I read on canada.ca and it says what I wrote above, it doesn't say anything about bringing proof of experience or education and that's a first time I hear that...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I read on canada.ca and it says what I wrote above, it doesn't say anything about bringing proof of experience or education and that's a first time I hear that...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply/poe.html

in the link
- proof that you meet the qualifications and experience for the job

The point of a LMIA is that employer could not hire anyone skilled enough, only you. So you need to show your experience and education credentials. Not sure how this is the first time you heard that since it is clearly written in requirements for a work permit.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Without proof how would the IRCC( POE) know you’re eligible and or qualified to do the job in question?
The employer has done the LMIA requirements, but you still have to show you , the potential employee , are qualified to do the position

Reactions: Naturgrl

Gilberto DiPiento

Sep 16, 2022
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply/poe.html

in the link
- proof that you meet the qualifications and experience for the job

The point of a LMIA is that employer could not hire anyone skilled enough, only you. So you need to show your experience and education credentials. Not sure how this is the first time you heard that since it is clearly written in requirements for a work permit.
Ok, so if for the last few years I was self employed what kind of experience proof would be required and accepted?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok, so if for the last few years I was self employed what kind of experience proof would be required and accepted?
You want to include articles or incorporation and business ownership (registration number, tax number). You need contracts, receipts, invoices from your clients shwoing that your provided services that match the NOC along with payment details. You cannot self declare your duties to prove work experience.

Gilberto DiPiento

Sep 16, 2022
You want to include articles or incorporation and business ownership (registration number, tax number). You need contracts, receipts, invoices from your clients shwoing that your provided services that match the NOC along with payment details. You cannot self declare your duties to prove work experience.
Omg, ok , thank you. I had about 200 contracts per year for for the last 8 years so how many contracts should I bring with me to the port of entry?
Payment details? Customers usually mailed checks so what payment details?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Omg, ok , thank you. I had about 200 contracts per year for for the last 8 years so how many contracts should I bring with me to the port of entry?
Payment details? Customers usually mailed checks so what payment details?
Bring contracts over the past year. Your contracts will include your responsibilities to match the NOC and fees for your work completed. So you want your fees to match the cheques your received with your company bank account.