+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TWP Processing time at Canadian Embassy in Vienna- Austria

sookie

Aug 25, 2009
Dear all,

I have applied for a temporary work permit at the Canadian Embassy in Vienna on June 15'th. I got my confirmation number and letter to appear for the medical exam on July 22'nd.

Now I would like to ask if someone knows the TWP average processing time at the Vienna office? I am a little bit concerned as my commencement date is September the 1st. (however, the visa officers don't really care about this).

On CIC website I read that "the medical exam" may add over three months to the processing time. (Hope this is not true)

Please share your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

sookie

Aug 25, 2009
@ job_seeker,
Thank you!
It could be faster if I wouldn't have to provide the Original Police Clearance Certificate which took at least 18 days to obtain.
My job site is in Ottawa- Ontario.

One more question please.

The embassy has enclosed a document with the TRV, that I must show to the immigration officials at the port of entry in Canada. The letter says that I will obtain the Work Permit there rather than the Embassy. The letter also says that I should take the contract and all other supporting documents with me.
Do I have to get all the documents proving that I meet the job requirements???

Thanks a lot!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
sookie said:
@ job_seeker,
Thank you!
It could be faster if I wouldn't have to provide the Original Police Clearance Certificate which took at least 18 days to obtain.
My job site is in Ottawa- Ontario.

One more question please.

The embassy has enclosed a document with the TRV, that I must show to the immigration officials at the port of entry in Canada. The letter says that I will obtain the Work Permit there rather than the Embassy. The letter also says that I should take the contract and all other supporting documents with me.
Do I have to get all the documents proving that I meet the job requirements???

Thanks a lot!
I am not very familiar with people who are coming from visa exempt countries. Usually the TRV (Work Visa) is stamped on the passport. When you arrive in Canada, you show the letter that came from the visa office together with the copy of your LMO and job contract. You have already submitted your documents to the visa office when you applied for the work permit so in effect they have reviewed your credentials and that you qualified for the job so they gave you a visa. The work permit will be issued at the POE. But if you have copies of the documents you sent to the visa office then bring them with you just to be sure. I know I did. but they did not ask for them.