+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two years Citizenship application still “In Process”

khorshid7

Mar 8, 2015
Hello everyone,

I WONDER IF THERE IS A WAY TO EXPEDITE MY APPLICATION PROCESS OR TO GET ANY INFORMATION ABOUT MY APPLICATION.

Below please find my application information:

• PR: 5 Years
• I sent my Citizenship Application two years ago
• I received the application # and the exam booklet four months after I submitted the application
• Online status shows “in process”
• I am an Iranian citizen and received my PhD degree in Canada
• I have been resided in Canada since my landing (except for about three weeks outside Canada)
• I called CIC once but the only information that they provided me was that my application is in process

Thank you

applic2013

Jul 11, 2014
Hello khorshid,
Have you ever called call centre to ask them about the delay in your file? Order your ATIP electronic notes. You will find good information regarding the residency concerns, security, and so on. I also sent my application almost 2 years ago. I am a RQ recipient. I have pased the test on March 2014. Since then my file is in inventory awaiting it's turn! I also applied to renew my PR card 6 month ago. Nothing yet. It seems CIC has really some issues with my applications that I am not aware of. I am also Iranian. Good luck aziz. Keep us posting

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khorshid7 said:
Hello everyone,

I WONDER IF THERE IS A WAY TO EXPEDITE MY APPLICATION OR TO GET ANY INFORMATION ABOUT MY APPLICATION PROCESS.

Below please find my application information:

• PR: 5 Years
• I sent my Citizenship Application two years ago
• I received the application # and the exam booklet four months after I submitted the application
• Online status shows “in process”
• I am an Iranian citizen and received my PhD degree in Canada
• I have been resided in Canada since my landing (except for about three weeks outside Canada)

Thank you
Have you called CIC to figure out what is really happening with your application? If you haven't, I suggest you do that first. Two years is long yes, but definitely NOT unusual. Call CIC please.

khorshid7

Mar 8, 2015
applic2013 said:
Hello khorshid,
Have you ever called call centre to ask them about the delay in your file? Order your ATIP electronic notes. You will find good information regarding the residency concerns, security, and so on. I also sent my application almost 2 years ago. I am a RQ recipient. I have pased the test on March 2014. Since then my file is in inventory awaiting it's turn! I also applied to renew my PR card 6 month ago. Nothing yet. It seems CIC has really some issues with my applications that I am not aware of. I am also Iranian. Good luck aziz. Keep us posting
Thank you for your response. I called CIC once but the only information that they provided me was that my application is in process and I have to wait. / I do not know about ATIP notes and have no idea how it could be useful. Should I discuss with CIC about ordering ATIP notes?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
khorshid7 said:
Thank you for your response. I called CIC once but the only information that they provided me was that my application is in process and I have to wait. / I do not know about ATIP notes and have no idea how it could be useful. Should I discuss with CIC about ordering ATIP notes?
Please click the following link:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Use citizenship and immigration canada from the dropdown and enter your file information and request your electronic records to see whats happening with your file.

It may take upto 1 to 1.5 months to receive a reply.

Kabumchun

Mar 8, 2015
Hi

Ask for your GCMS report of the file through ATIP(Access to information and privacy) you can apply online. There is 5 CAD fee. In One month you will receive that. It shows some important hold points.

Good Luck

Kabumchun

Mar 8, 2015
Mrs. Korshid,

As for your GCMS Report Through ATIP as soos as you could. When you received the report. I may can help you to interpret it to get some result and move to the next step.

Thanks

leflex

Jan 9, 2015
Hello,

I second the advices given here.

However, FYI, while waiting 2+ years is becoming less frequent, it's still "normal".

I waited 23 months, some of my friends waited half of it.

Kabumchun

Mar 8, 2015
I do not recommend to withdraw the current application. The first step is to get the log of your case(GCMS Report) then interpret it and make a decision based on that. Just to let you know that every information you give to CIC through the phone or mail or whatever is registred on your file.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
what do you mean by every information you give to CIC through the phone or mail or whatever is registred on your file.

you mean when you call and formally tell something as an advisory (like travel) or something related that they make notes on your file ? Is that what you mean ?

applic2013

Jul 11, 2014
Use the link https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
choose citizenship and immigration from the departments menu , input your information. Each time you need to choose any option please consider as follows:
note in electronic file
case file
receiving by email
privacy act, (then it would be free! You don't have to pay 5 $)
Citizenship application
academia ( to describe yourself, it's nothing but as an option)
These are all I remember. If you have more question just ask us hear. There are always hero members ready for help.
cic has hired new employees which are not very helpful. The best you can do is ordering your notes.

khorshid7

Mar 8, 2015
Thank you all.

One question: for Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request, it asked "Select the category that best describes you." and the options are: academia, business, media, organization, and .... /please advise me which one should I chose?

Thanks

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khorshid7 said:
Thank you all.

One question: for Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request, it asked "Select the category that best describes you." and the options are: academia, business, media, organization, and .... /please advise me which one should I chose?

Thanks
I think there was an option called Public, choose that one.