Mazigh

Apr 10, 2014
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
J
Hi all. I have a job in the US but no green card and a Canadian PR but no job. I applied for many positions in Canada but no luck yet. My Canadian PR card expires 9/2023. Here are my questions:

1. Can I enter Canada after 9/2021 or can the officer have me turn around and leave because of not meeting the 2-year residency requirement?
2. Would the officer let me in but only if my justification meets the humanitarian and compassion criteria?
3. Would the fact that I had a job in the US and have many rejected job applications in Canada make me eligible for these criteria?
3. If I am able to get into Canada before 9/2023, would I be able to stay even though my PR card would expire before meeting the two year residency requirement?
4. If I can stay even if my PR expires, can I renew it once I reach the two years?
5. Can I stay in the country and apply straight for citizenship once I reach three years even if my PR card will have expired by then?
6. If I have to and am able to renew my PR in Canada, will they ask me why I did not meet the residency requirement? Will I have to justify that?

I would so very much appreciate any help you may offer on any of the questions.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all. I have a job in the US but no green card and a Canadian PR but no job. I applied for many positions in Canada but no luck yet. My Canadian PR card expires 9/2023. Here are my questions:

1. Can I enter Canada after 9/2021 or can the officer have me turn around and leave because of not meeting the 2-year residency requirement?
2. Would the officer let me in but only if my justification meets the humanitarian and compassion criteria?
3. Would the fact that I had a job in the US and have many rejected job applications in Canada make me eligible for these criteria?
3. If I am able to get into Canada before 9/2023, would I be able to stay even though my PR card would expire before meeting the two year residency requirement?
4. If I can stay even if my PR expires, can I renew it once I reach the two years?
5. Can I stay in the country and apply straight for citizenship once I reach three years even if my PR card will have expired by then?
6. If I have to and am able to renew my PR in Canada, will they ask me why I did not meet the residency requirement? Will I have to justify that?

I would so very much appreciate any help you may offer on any of the questions.
PR card expiry is irrelevant. The 5 year requirement started the say you landed.

1 and 2. You can enter at any time while you are a PR but can be reported if you don't meet the RO.

3. No, that is not grounds for H&C.

4. If you aren't reported, yes, you can remain in Canada if your PR card expires.

5. Yes.

6. As long as you meet the RO when you apply, they won't ask anything.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that to sponsor anyone you must meet your RO so if you plan on getting married soon meeting your RO becomes quite important.