+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two ways to get PR as FSW

SF83

Feb 11, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Hey you guys,
glad I found these Forum! I red a lot here the last days about staying in Canada and would like to hear your opinions on my case:

Me:
From Germany, 34 years old, turn 35 at March. 2018
In Canada with an International Experience Canada Visa ("Work and Travel"), Value till April.8, 2018

Studied Aerospace engineering, got a Bach. of Eng. in Germany (NOC 2146)
Currently work as an Mechanical Engineer, NOC 2132. Skill Level A
Skilled work experience in Canada: less than one year
Total amount of skilled work experience the last ten years: 3-4 Years

I got a Job offer for permanent and full time work from my employer here in Alberta. I also would like to stay in Alberta. Come to Canada tool says I’m eligible under Express Entry

Now I think there are two ways for me to become PR in Canada:

First way:

1: Language test
2: ECA report
3: Apply for Provincial Nominee Programm of Alberta (Engineers are searched here, Lucky me: )
4: Apply for PR after getting all three topics done
5: Apply for an Bridging Open Work Permit, so I can stay and work legally till a decision on PR is made by CIC

Trouble now is that my current Work Visa expires at April.8, 2018. Only two month left…to less for ECA and PNP I fear?! PNP Alberta will no longer regard my application if my Work Permit expires during their progress I red?

So I thought about a second way:

1: Extend my International Experience Canada Visa ("Work and Travel") to an Employer dependent Young Profesional Visa.
2: Go on with First way

What do you guys think I should do, any tips?
Or do you know if it’s possible to set up an PR account WITHOUT being nominated for PNP, getting an Bridging Open Work Permit, apply for PNP then (no problems with expiring work permit) and add the PNP nomination later to the PR application ( IF I get nominated…of course)

Thanks for any help!

S

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you haven't taken IELTS yet - then your options are pretty limited give your work permit expires in April. Just getting an exam date may take until April.

I would go for the Young Professional IEC. You should hurry. You don't have much time and have cut things really close. If you don't want to stop working, you must have the new IEC approved before your old one expires. You're short on time even with this option and may have to stop working for a period of time.

SF83

Feb 11, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Hi Scylla,
thanks for this. Yeah, and also ECA will take it's time I guess.
You think getting an exam date for ILTS may take until April? Well I thought about doing CLPIP, got told this may be easier and dates are available sooner.

SF83

Feb 11, 2018
Edmonton, AB
If you don't want to stop working, you must have the new IEC approved before your old one expires. You're short on time even with this option and may have to stop working for a period of time.
Well in my case there should be no gap between WaT Visa and YP Visa if I understood right?!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/extend-change.html

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You can apply to extend your International Experience Canada work permit you’re a Young Professional or an International Co-op (Internship) participant

"If your work permit expires before we process your application, you can keep working in Canada until you receive a decision on your application. This is known as implied status."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well in my case there should be no gap between WaT Visa and YP Visa if I understood right?!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/extend-change.html

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You can apply to extend your International Experience Canada work permit you’re a Young Professional or an International Co-op (Internship) participant

"If your work permit expires before we process your application, you can keep working in Canada until you receive a decision on your application. This is known as implied status."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
That rule applies to individuals who currently hold a YP or Co-Op IEC and want to extend (i.e. are a current participant of one of these two programs). You hold a regular IEC / Working Holiday Visa - right? If so, it doesn't apply to you unfortunately.

SF83

Feb 11, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Oh s***t, now I see it too:(

Sooo...If I understand right I technically don't apply for an extension then... I apply for a new Visa (YP) !?!
Friends of mine told me that the YP was very easy to get if you have a job offer. They waited only for three weeks, but do you think it would be better than to apply for an Open Work Permit with the companies job offer?