+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two shocking reasons for refusal. What should I do now. Need urgent help

student2014

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Hello,
I have applied for the MBA program for Fall 2015 intake from Karachi. Just got a letter of refusal showing two objections:
1: You have not shown that you have strong financial assets and funds in order to support yourself for the program of study.

My uncle who is a USA citizen Provided me with three documents to submit for the study permit as a POF:
1: A letter from his bank showing his current balance.
2: His Notarized affidavit of support.
3: Three year tax returns ( personal + business)

The visa officer was not convinced by the above three documents what should I do now?
Is this necessary to show the tuition fees and other costs in my own bank account in Karachi, Pakistan? Can my uncle do so by transferring the money in my own account in the form of any study draft or by any other means?
What is the acceptable way and a mode to do this?

2: you have not shown that you will return to Pakistan after completing your studies.
What is the suitable document to prove this point?
I have shown that my parents are in Pakistan. Now the officer was not satisfied by this point too.

Guys please help me out and provide me appropriate guidelines to clear the above two objections.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For your second question - simply saying that your parents are in your home country isn't enough and doesn't demonstrate that you have ties. Is that really all you provided to show ties? Did you mention anything in your SOP (if you included one) regarding ties and why you will be returning home after you complete your studies? Do you have any property you own in your home country? Are you working for an employer now who would be willing to write a letter confirming that you will have a job waiting for you back home once you finish your MBA in Canada?

student2014

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
I haven't shown about my family ties in my SOP. Is it important to show about your family and reasons to return back to home country in SOP? I only showed about my intended course of study and how it will influence my future plans. That's it.

I have shown a letter indicating that my father has a property in Pakistan. I don't have any personal property in Pakistan. My employer provided me with a letter that I am working since two years till present but didn't mention that he will hire me after I will complete my program of Study.

And what about my funds Should my uncle deposit the whole amount in my personal account in Pakistan? If yes then what is the best way to do this?

Aruma

Sep 25, 2009
Transfer fund from Uncle account to your own account and attach both statements.
For second objection, consider it no objection

student2014 said:
Hello,
I have applied for the MBA program for Fall 2015 intake from Karachi. Just got a letter of refusal showing two objections:
1: You have not shown that you have strong financial assets and funds in order to support yourself for the program of study.

My uncle who is a USA citizen Provided me with three documents to submit for the study permit as a POF:

The visa officer was not convinced by the above three documents what should I do now?
Is this necessary to show the tuition fees and other costs in my own bank account in Karachi, Pakistan? Can my uncle do so by transferring the money in my own account in the form of any study draft or by any other means?

2: you have not shown that you will return to Pakistan after completing your studies.
I have shown that my parents are in Pakistan. Now the officer was not satisfied by this point too.

Guys please help me out and provide me appropriate guidelines to clear the above two objections.

Thanks.

student2014

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Thanks. But how is that possible? He is in USA and in am in Karachi.
For second objection Is it OK that my employer provide me a letter showing that he will employ me after completion of my studies in Canada?
Transfer fund from Uncle account to your own account and attach both statements.
For second objection, consider it no objection

[/quote]

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
student2014 said:
Hello,

Thanks.
As per my knowledge and understanding your sponsor should be blood relation...i know many cases of your type who were rejected...
Second reason is imp, u can void it by showing some property and making ur SOP strong

student2014

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Are you talking about the Essay which we submit to the university for admissions? I have mentioned in it about my program of study + how it will influence my future. That's it. Should I include about my returning plans too in it?

Yes I have a blood relation with my uncle. But the visa officer stills needs more evidence of POF so what should I do now?
we have a house in Pakistan but it is registered on my father's name.
I am working in a company as an accountant so should I take a letter from my employer stating that he will upgrade my rank after completion of my course of study?

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Are you talking about the Essay which we submit to the university for admissions? I have mentioned in it about my program of study + how it will influence my future. That's it. Should I include about my returning plans too in it?
YES U ALSO HAVE TO INCLUDE WRITTEN EASSY (SOP) WITH VISA APPLICATION.

Yes I have a blood relation with my uncle. But the visa officer stills needs more evidence of POF so what should I do now?
YOUR UNCLE IS NOT YOUR BLOOD RELATION
PARENTS AND SIBLINGS ARE CALLED BLOOD RELATION....

we have a house in Pakistan but it is registered on my father's name.
YES SHOW IT.

I am working in a company as an accountant so should I take a letter from my employer stating that he will upgrade my rank after completion of my course of study?
YES

student2014

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
He is my father's younger brother. Should I ask him to deposit the whole amount in my account in Pakistan? How can we do this?
I have showed a letter stating that my father has a house in Pakistan but does this indicates my retuning plans?
I am slightly confused.

Second thing is that if I appeal again so how much time will they take for a final decision? I am applying from pakistan. My classes are starting from August 31st.

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
He is my father's younger brother. Should I ask him to deposit the whole amount in my account in Pakistan? How can we do this?
IF HE CAN DO THAT THEN IT WILL BE PERFECT.

I have showed a letter stating that my father has a house in Pakistan but does this indicates my retuning plans?
I am slightly confused.
YES, IT WILL SHOW THAT YOU HAVE STRONG TIES WITH PAKISTAN OTHER THAN YOUR PARENTS.

Second thing is that if I appeal again so how much time will they take for a final decision? I am applying from pakistan. My classes are starting from August 31st.
IF YOUR UNCLE TRANSFER MONEY IN YOUR ACC (ASK HIM TO TRANSFER MONEY IN YOUR FATHER ACC.) THEN U CANT APPLY IMMEDIATELY, U HAVE TO WAIT FOR AT LEAST 4 MONTHS SO THAT YOUR BANK STATEMENT STABILIZE, BTW 4 MONTHS IS THE REQUIRED BY CIC.

Aruma

Sep 25, 2009
Incorrect, you do not need to wait for 4-months to apply visa, if you uncle transfers fund in your account. There is no such rule in IRPA. All you need Proof of funds and source of funds and in this case, your source of funds is your uncle so attach his statement as well

Savvyor said:
IF HE CAN DO THAT THEN IT WILL BE PERFECT.

I am slightly confused.
YES, IT WILL SHOW THAT YOU HAVE STRONG TIES WITH PAKISTAN OTHER THAN YOUR PARENTS.

IF YOUR UNCLE TRANSFER MONEY IN YOUR ACC (ASK HIM TO TRANSFER MONEY IN YOUR FATHER ACC.) THEN U CANT APPLY IMMEDIATELY, U HAVE TO WAIT FOR AT LEAST 4 MONTHS SO THAT YOUR BANK STATEMENT STABILIZE, BTW 4 MONTHS IS THE REQUIRED BY CIC.

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Aruma said:
Incorrect, you do not need to wait for 4-months to apply visa, if you uncle transfers fund in your account. There is no such rule in IRPA. All you need Proof of funds and source of funds and in this case, your source of funds is your uncle so attach his statement as well
You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
your bank statements for the past four months;
a bank draft in convertible currency;
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program. - Source: CIC Web

@aruma...Can you pls tell me what they meant by "your bank statements for the past four months"???

Aruma

Sep 25, 2009
Four months bank statements is meant to see the maturity and source of funds. So when funds will be transferred from Uncles account so Uncles statement will serve the purpose of four months bank statement as it is connected with applicant's statement

Savvyor said:
You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
your bank statements for the past four months;
a bank draft in convertible currency;
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program. - Source: CIC Web

@ aruma...Can you pls tell me what they meant by "your bank statements for the past four months"???

Savvyor

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Aruma said:
Four months bank statements is meant to see the maturity and source of funds. So when funds will be transferred from Uncles account so Uncles statement will serve the purpose of four months bank statement as it is connected with applicant's statement
you are mixing up bro!!
Once fund is transferred from uncles acc to his, then he have to put those fund for at least 4 month to make a mature bank statement of 4 months...source of fund is a separate thing..