+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two roles, same NOC

jamilmuradov

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Hi, everyone!

I am going to apply under FSW through NOC 4012 (Post-secondary teaching and research assistant). My contract specifies that I am supposed to work for 29.9 hours/week as a research assistant. Another contract specifies that I have to spend working 3.5 hours/week as a teaching assistant. For the purposes of EE, can I simply get one letter from my supervisor stating that I worked as both TA and RA in the specified time period and received respective compensations for each of my roles?

Thank you!

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Hi, everyone!

I am going to apply under FSW through NOC 4012 (Post-secondary teaching and research assistant). My contract specifies that I am supposed to work for 29.9 hours/week as a research assistant. Another contract specifies that I have to spend working 3.5 hours/week as a teaching assistant. For the purposes of EE, can I simply get one letter from my supervisor stating that I worked as both TA and RA in the specified time period and received respective compensations for each of my roles?

Thank you!
You can mention both in a single letter with in a combined list of roles and responsibilities. You don't need to divide hours. Just say working total hours as Post-secondary teaching and research assistant. good luck

Reactions: jamilmuradov

jamilmuradov

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
You can mention both in a single letter with in a combined list of roles and responsibilities. You don't need to divide hours. Just say working total hours as Post-secondary teaching and research assistant. good luck
Thank you, karki!
Although I can indicate combined hours on my EE profile, my Supervisor will divide hours in his letter. Is that a problem? Thank you ver much!

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Thank you, karki!
Although I can indicate combined hours on my EE profile, my Supervisor will divide hours in his letter. Is that a problem? Thank you ver much!
Make it simple because it belongs to same NOC 4012 , If your hours are divided in letter. better to mentioned like He has been working full time ; 40 hours as RA and TA.

Reactions: jamilmuradov

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
What if my TA hours/week and RA hours/week are different? Would you have an idea how to state this in a letter? Thank you!