+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two passports from different country and visa issue!! Please help Seniors!

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
I have to send my passports and my family's for the visa office to get our visas. However, my son has dual citizenship, American(born in the US) and Brazilian because I was born in Brazil. In my application I put down his American Passport. However, now, I wish to have his visa issued i his Brazilian passport. IS that OK?

Cheers.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to notify the immi that you want visa to be labelled on other passport because in the application you have put the american passport details.

Regards

Saki

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say that it would be better to speak with them in person or on phone incase they need something else, as far as i think they would have done all the investigation considering american passport but for brazilian passport they might have to do some more investigation. So its better to speak with them first to confirm what exactly they will need and the processing time.

Regards
Saki

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
LeoNYC said:
This is for a 5-year old kid. What kind of investigation they can do.
What SAKI advised is perfectly correct. Plain & simple -if the Brazilian pp was not mentioned in your apps, the CHC has no record of it. Hence the visa will only be stamped on his US pp.

U should have mentioned about his dual citizenship earlier. Or did u? If u did, a simple letter might work [though it is purely under their discretion]. If u didn't, a record of it has to be created 'in' your file. Thus, the CHC'll perform some investigations. And 'only' after that would they comply, if at all they do.

BTW, there would be a delay. Thus, if it is not so important... go ahead with his US pp only.

All the best !
QORAX