+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two outcomes in ECA report for highest degree evaluation from CES - Not able to understand canadian equivalency

hemang44u

May 1, 2021
I have availed services of CES for getting ECA report for one of my Highest degree that is M.Sc. IT.
I have sent only highest degree documents for evaluation.

Track Record of my academics after post-secondary:
B.C.A (3 years from Gujarat University, India)
M.Sc. IT (2 years from autonomous Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gadhinagar, India) - Sent only this degree's documents for evaluation

Below given is the assessment outcome:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Canadian Equivalency Outcome:

Outcome 1: Four-year Bachelor's degree from a recognized university
Credential(s) Applicable: Credential 1
Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction
with studies previously completed

Outcome 2: Postgraduate diploma from a recognized university

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credentials Assessed:
1. Educational Credential Obtained: Master of Science
Educational Institution Attended: Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and
Communication Technology
Awarding Institution: Same as above
Year Awarded: 2017
Year Issued: 2018
Official Program Length: 2 year(s)
Major/Specialization: Information Technology
Type of Documents Reviewed: Verified degree certificate
Official transcript
Document Authentication: Assessment based on verified documents

What does this equivalence summary means?
Is it Bachelor degree or Double Bachelor degree?

If it is double bachelor then How do I need to claim it and add education details in Express Entry profile submission?
I do not have any ECA report for BCA degree.

Please help me to get this doubts sorted.

Regards,
Hemang

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
I have availed services of CES for getting ECA report for one of my Highest degree that is M.Sc. IT.

M.Sc. IT (2 years from autonomous Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gadhinagar, India) - Sent only this degree's documents for evaluation

Credentials Assessed:
Communication Technology
Official transcript

If it is double bachelor then How do I need to claim it and add education details in Express Entry profile submission?

Regards,
Hemang
Maybe two or more certificates

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

Credentials Assessed:
Communication Technology
Official transcript

Regards,
Hemang
TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES , DIPLOMAS OR DEGREES. ONE MUST BE FOR A PROGRAM OF THREE OR MORE YEARS
From the ECA, this is the option that you have to choose for claiming CRS.

It means the university transcript clearly provided your undergraduate degree which made you suitable for this Master of Science from the respective university. Your Undergraduate degree was verified by the university that awarded you the Master's degree and this information has been shared with WES which WES validated to provide you Postgraduate diploma as Canadian equivalency. Not all Masters from are Canadian Equivalent master's . They compare your complete academics with the Canadian credentials to determine the equivalency and probably they found comparatively less similarity between yours and the Canadian masters of the same course.

It is not double bachelors. Adding your Undergraduate degree of three years won't make a difference. 90% of three years course from all other countries are not bachelors equivalent of Canada. Canada's bachelors degrees are 4 years and the credential should match to be awarded the same equivalency. If you do the ECA for your Undergraduate degree the chances are it'll be assessed as diploma and not a bachelors. If this undergraduate course of 3 years were of Arts subject, 80% chances are it won't be considered as bachelors

Hope this furnished a clear idea

Last edited:

hemang44u

May 1, 2021
@dankboi
@Bacelor

Thanks for giving clear understanding of the same.
If I am not wrong then as per your response, It states that
Outcome 1 is for the degree which I have completed before doing M.Sc IT (and all information regarding this degree, communicated to CES by my last university from where I have completed highest degree)
and
Outcome 2 is for the highest degree which I sent for evaluation
Is it right?

So, could you please let me know,
If it is,
TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES , DIPLOMAS OR DEGREES. ONE MUST BE FOR A PROGRAM OF THREE OR MORE YEARS
How do I need to claim it in Express Entry profile?
What education details do I need to enter in Educational qualification section of Express Entry profile and how to claim points as per this single ECA report?

As per CES guidelines,
for assessment I have sent documents of highest degree only that is M.Sc. IT (2 years)
Before that I have completed B.C.A (3 years).

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
@dankboi
@Bacelor

Thanks for giving clear understanding of the same.
If I am not wrong then as per your response, It states that
Outcome 1 is for the degree which I have completed before doing M.Sc IT (and all information regarding this degree, communicated to CES by my last university from where I have completed highest degree)
and
Outcome 2 is for the highest degree which I sent for evaluation
Is it right?

So, could you please let me know,
If it is,
How do I need to claim it in Express Entry profile?
You fill in joining dates as per actual program for example from Sep 2010 to Sep 2014 However program length and title are as per your ECA ( 2yrs program regardless of time you spent and
Meaning from ..... To is as actual
Program length and title is as ECA for example PGD regardless whether it was MA or even PHD just stick to ECA result.

What education details do I need to enter in Educational qualification section of Express Entry profile and how to claim points as per this single ECA report?
Highest degree for you is PGD claiming two or more certificates
As per CES guidelines,
for assessment I have sent documents of highest degree only that is M.Sc. IT (2 years)
Before that I have completed B.C.A (3 years).
Since two degrees are assessed in your ECA and clearly states that your education is equivilant to two canadian degrees then you are all set.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

hemang44u

May 1, 2021
@Bacelor

You have to provide educational details from Undergraduate degree and higher. As said earlier there is the field asking your highest qualification. when you provide TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES you will be allotted the CRS for the same and the verification will be done by IRCC with the CES.

As per CES guidelines,
for assessment I have sent documents of highest degree only

YES that's WES too asking now, While creating account for any ECA there we will have to fill in all education credentials we hold so the assessment is done by the ECA agency. so IRCC don't have to take the workload. IRCC will look for the ECA report electronically and verifies with the ECA agency.

You have to provide educational details from Undergraduate degree and higher. As said earlier there is the field asking your highest qualification. when you provide TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES you will be allotted the CRS for the same and the verification will be done by IRCC with the CES.

If I need to enter details for my BCA (that is Undergraduate degree) then which ECA report should I upload?
That's what my concern is.

In ECA, they have not provided any information regarding my Undergraduate degree credential (B.C.A.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Educational history section of Express Entry profile,
After adding M.Sc. IT degree details - I do not have option of selecting Two or more certificates.

Please find there are only below levels available to select:
None, or less than secondary (high school)
Secondary diploma (high school of graduation)
One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Bachelor's degree OR a Three-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Master's degree OR professional degree to practice in a licensed profession
Doctoral level university (PhD)

Please help. :-(

Reactions: Bacelor

hemang44u

May 1, 2021
@Bacelor @dankboi

My only concern is
What should I do in below scenario?

After adding M.Sc. IT degree details - I do not have option of selecting Two or more certificates.

One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Bachelor's degree OR a Three-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

How to claim points for Two or more certificates in this case?
I do not have option available at all.

Please explain and thanks for your time and cooperation.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
First of all, when you create an Express Entry profile, there is no such option of selecting "two or more degrees, diplomas" in the Education section. In the EE profile, you just need to enter each of your qualifications, as per ECA. Once you enter all the details, the system calculates the points for Education and Skill Transfer-ability factor, on its own, using this data. So just enter the details as per the ECA and the points will be calculated.

But some people want to know, before creating the EE profile, whether they can claim points for two or more degrees, diplomas.

In that case, first get an ECA for your educational qualifications. Without an ECA, its hard to predict whether you will be eligible to claim points for two or more degrees. Once you have the ECA, please refer to the following link and if your ECA equivalency is mentioned there, you are eligible:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Many people get confused with the wordings in the above link, where it mentions:

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice:
One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
The above highlighted part (in red) specifically mentions that if your ECA Equivalency in mentioned in the below sections too, you are eligible to claim points for two or more degrees.

The sections are:

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Please note that you should have at least one of the credential in your ECA must be for 3 or more years, in order to claim the points under this category.

Also, there has been a misconception that the second diploma/degree should be after you earned the bachelor's degree. This is not true, your diploma could have been completed before the bachelor's degree and you will still be eligible.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
@Bacelor @dankboi

My only concern is
What should I do in below scenario?

How to claim points for Two or more certificates in this case?
I do not have option available at all.

Please explain and thanks for your time and cooperation.
Dude you need to fill in the case holder twice to end up claiming two certificates