Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
Hi everyone.

my qualifications as follows:
Associate degree (2 yrs) finished this year June 2019
Bachelor degree (top up degree, equal to 3 yrs) finished this year August 2019

Will this come as two qualifications? Is there an order to getting the qualifications? example- second qualification should come AFTER the 3 yrs or more qualification? Canada web is no help.

HELP!?

lkalka

Nov 19, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021

Waleedjatt

Jan 18, 2019
thank you Walid. but i have heard of instances where applications getting rejected becasue of this :( thats why im worried .. i guess it depeneds on the visa officer assigned to your case?
Hey Ikalka,

can you tell me where have you heard about the rejections?

because I personally believe that the visa officer follows what WES evaluates, so for instance, if WES evaluates a 2 year diploma and a 3 year bachelor program (topup), regardless of the duration of study, it would be viable enough to grant points for 2 or more degrees.

lkalka

Nov 19, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
Hey Ikalka,

because I personally believe that the visa officer follows what WES evaluates, so for instance, if WES evaluates a 2 year diploma and a 3 year bachelor program (topup), regardless of the duration of study, it would be viable enough to grant points for 2 or more degrees.

hi,

sure,
the following is stated:
"Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" in this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Waleedjatt

Jan 18, 2019
hi,

sure,
the following is stated:
"Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" in this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html
I agree with what is stated on the website, and it says that the duration must be of 3 years.

When WES evaluates the top up degree, it gives you "Canadian Equivalency of 3 Year Bachelors Program". This is the only statement visa officer is concerned with, as they are not going to go through the transcripts, WES has already done that for them.

If you look at the link i provided you previously, it states that WES gives the evaluation as followed:

Diploma (2 years)

Bachelors Degree (3 years)

Those durations are the only ones visa officer is concerned with, although this is my personal opinion.

Reactions: keebs

lkalka

Nov 19, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
I agree with what is stated on the website, and it says that the duration must be of 3 years.

When WES evaluates the top up degree, it gives you "Canadian Equivalency of 3 Year Bachelors Program". This is the only statement visa officer is concerned with, as they are not going to go through the transcripts, WES has already done that for them.

If you look at the link i provided you previously, it states that WES gives the evaluation as followed:

Diploma (2 years)

Bachelors Degree (3 years)

Those durations are the only ones visa officer is concerned with, although this is my personal opinion.
yes,

i agree, but in the thread i posted they say that the 2 year qualification should be AFTER the 3 year qualification. this bums me out.. because i did it before the degree

Waleedjatt

Jan 18, 2019
yes,

i agree, but in the thread i posted they say that the 2 year qualification should be AFTER the 3 year qualification. this bums me out.. because i did it before the degree
honestly i really wouldnt worry about it too much, because it doesnt state the same on CIC website, it only states "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".

stay positive, and go for it, im gonna go for it aswell after a year.

hopefully works out for both of us.

lkalka

Nov 19, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
honestly i really wouldnt worry about it too much, because it doesnt state the same on CIC website, it only states "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".

stay positive, and go for it, im gonna go for it aswell after a year.

hopefully works out for both of us.
thanks and same to you!!! fingers crossed..

by theway, hope u dont mind, question abuot work experience. if i work somewhere for 6 months in one company and 6 more months in another company can i count it as 1 year of work experience? same NOC..

Waleedjatt

Jan 18, 2019
well, it states that it should be a continues 1 year experience, i dont believe it will be calculated if you had a long break between jobs.

still, check with experts, this is my personal opinion from the stuff i read off the internet.

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
yes,

My 2 year was BEFORE my 3 year and I was awarded points for 2 or more degrees. You’re worrying too much about nothing. As stated what they’re concerned with is what WES asssessed your qualification as. If you’re holding a degree for 3 years and another diploma for 2 years then you’re going to get the correct points assigned to you.

Reactions: lkalka

Dhisha

Apr 6, 2023
Hey Ikalka,

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years)
Hi anyone please help me, WES evaluated 4 year degree. My question is how to update the duration in the express entry profile? Is that ok to update 1 year? I am thinking does visa officer get confuse? Do i need to give any explanation?

Dhisha

Apr 6, 2023
Hey Ikalka,

Hi anyone please help me, WES evaluated 4 year degree. My question is how to update the duration in the express entry profile? Is that ok to update 1 year? I am thinking does visa officer get confuse? Do i need to give any explanation?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
WES evaluates in its own way.

In the EE profile, as an applicant, you should update the years you attended school/college so that your personal history matches your education history.

Dhisha

Apr 6, 2023
WES evaluates in its own way.

In the EE profile, as an applicant, you should update the years you attended school/college so that your personal history matches your education history.
Thank you since I have selected Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years), do I need to submit any affidavit?