+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more degrees, one must be for a program of three years

watermelon123

May 13, 2016
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me to figure out the option of Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years?

I got a 2 year college diploma, and then I transfered 1 year credits to University to complete a 3 year bachelor program. Obvilously, my program is a 3 years program, but I only study 2 years, so am I eligible for this option?

Thanks guys :)

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
watermelon123 said:
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me to figure out the option of Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years?

I got a 2 year college diploma, and then I transfered 1 year credits to University to complete a 3 year bachelor program. Obvilously, my program is a 3 years program, but I only study 2 years, so am I eligible for this option?

An interesting question, as I had something similar done by wes, and when speaking to an immigration consultant, said I could.select two or.more. I will post my result.lster from wes when I get chance.
Cheers

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
watermelon123 said:
Hi guys,

So effectively, it is a 1 year diploma and 3 years bachelors (as one year diploma credits was transferred to bachelors). On the face of it, it looks like you may be able to select 'two or more degrees..' option. But it all depends on what is mentioned as the Canadian Equivalence Summary in your ECA report. Have you completed ECA?

watermelon123

May 13, 2016
olipearce1987 said:
An interesting question, as I had something similar done by wes, and when speaking to an immigration consultant, said I could.select two or.more. I will post my result.lster from wes when I get chance.
Cheers
thank you :D

watermelon123

May 13, 2016
Stanlee said:
So effectively, it is a 1 year diploma and 3 years bachelors (as one year diploma credits was transferred to bachelors). On the face of it, it looks like you may be able to select 'two or more degrees..' option. But it all depends on what is mentioned as the Canadian Equivalence Summary in your ECA report. Have you completed ECA?
No, I haven't completed the form yet. My agent said I'm not eligible for the option, but she couldn't give me a appropriate answer. :-[

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
watermelon123 said:
No, I haven't completed the form yet. My agent said I'm not eligible for the option, but she couldn't give me a appropriate answer. :-[
Send your educational documents to WES and ensure to keep a Letter of Explanation detailing out your case. Based on the report you can proceed with your Express Entry profile.

watermelon123

May 13, 2016
Stanlee said:
Send your educational documents to WES and ensure to keep a Letter of Explanation detailing out your case. Based on the report you can proceed with your Express Entry profile.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! ;D

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Stanlee said:
Agreed.

Go ahead with WES and once you have the results of that, you will know what option you can go with.

It is too hard to guess without an official result as your country and university makes a big difference in how WES evaluates a particular degree.

margeshparmar

Feb 15, 2021
I have two one one year of the program in Canada from different colleges. When I count my CRS score from the CRS tool it gives me 389 points overall. but when I enter my educational details in the express entry it gives me a 381 overall score. when I checked what is the difference I found that from the tool they give me 98 points in the study section and according to the express entry it shows 90. can anyone please tell me how it is possible?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have two one one year of the program in Canada from different colleges. When I count my CRS score from the CRS tool it gives me 389 points overall. but when I enter my educational details in the express entry it gives me a 381 overall score. when I checked what is the difference I found that from the tool they give me 98 points in the study section and according to the express entry it shows 90. can anyone please tell me how it is possible?
Difficult to know why. What are you counting for education?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have two one-year programs from two different colleges. One from Niagara and one from Seneca. I just want to know I have to add these two program separate or both together
If you don’t have a degree then you count one year program. Two separate programs don’t equal a two year diploma so they are separate and you count one.