+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more degree - confusion

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
istari said:
You've completely misunderstood this point.

This just means that 1 of the credentials has to be at least 3 years.
It means that you've completed a 3-year program of study, and are then issued a credential for those 3 years.
It does not mean that your second credential has to be completed after the 3-year credential.
I get you! I cannot bleve my immigration consultant got it wrong! so in the terms of three years does that relate to academic years or what the ECA says?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olipearce1987 said:
I get you! I cannot bleve my immigration consultant got it wrong! so in the terms of three years does that relate to academic years or what the ECA says?
If I were you, I'd think about getting a different consultant.

I believe it's what the ECA says, but I'm not 100% certain.

Venkat1901

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Experts,

Can you suggest me if i can choose Two or more degree's.. as per Summary it is mentioned as "Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate certificate
(one semester)"

Thanks,

VJ.

praturi

Sep 23, 2016
Thank you friends for your suggestions. I believe its bit complicated, due to wording used by CIC. Below is the result of my ECA issued by WES.
Let me know what you think, do I qualify for 'Two degrees, diploma or certificate'?

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Certificate Course in French
Year: 2006
Awarded by: Panjab University
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: French
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2008
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
praturi said:
Thank you friends for your suggestions. I believe its bit complicated, due to wording used by CIC. Below is the result of my ECA issued by WES.
Let me know what you think, do I qualify for 'Two degrees, diploma or certificate'?

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Certificate Course in French
Year: 2006
Major/Specialization: French
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2008
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering
I believe, but may be wrong as i was earlier :S, you need to go with what your summary at the top says.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Venkat1901 said:
Experts,

Can you suggest me if i can choose Two or more degree's.. as per Summary it is mentioned as "Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate certificate
(one semester)"

Thanks,

VJ.
I believe you can.
CIC's list of acceptable post-grad second qualifications does not indicate a minimum length.

joyaman

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-05-2016 sinp
AOR Received.
09-06-2016 cic
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
Dear all,
My Wes says " bachelor's degree 04 year + 01 year graduation study .

It's came under bachelor's degree only . but I have selected one or more certificate in EE.( I am eligible in both stream in EE )
My application is under process now,
Can I raise the case

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joyaman said:
Dear all,
My Wes says " bachelor's degree 04 year + 01 year graduation study .

It's came under bachelor's degree only . but I have selected one or more certificate in EE.( I am eligible in both stream in EE )
My application is under process now,
Can I raise the case
I think I need some clarification here.

So you're saying that you selected "Two or more..." but you only received points for a Bachelor's degree. And now your eAPR is being processed, and you want to contact CIC and have your education changed to "Two or more..." ?
Is that right ?

Firstly, if you've already received ITA, there is no reason to have your education changed, because you've received ITA even with the lower CRS.

Secondly, to receive points for "Two or more..." you have to select "Two or more..." as your level of education for both questions; you do not select Bachelor's degree.

joyaman

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-05-2016 sinp
AOR Received.
09-06-2016 cic
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
istari said:
I think I need some clarification here.

So you're saying that you selected "Two or more..." but you only received points for a Bachelor's degree. And now your eAPR is being processed, and you want to contact CIC and have your education changed to "Two or more..." ?
Is that right ?

Firstly, if you've already received ITA, there is no reason to have your education changed, because you've received ITA even with the lower CRS.

Secondly, to receive points for "Two or more..." you have to select "Two or more..." as your level of education for both questions; you do not select Bachelor's degree.
Ok
As I said my Wes says " bachelor degree 04 + one year graduation study "
I though it's came under one or more certificate ( point grid 22) , so I selected one or more certificate in EE..I am Sinp applicant..
I already received ita..
Recently I have ordered gcms note and I have found comment of agent
Given below...
I don't want my application to be rejected by this silly mistake..my 11.2 is met..only EE eligity and security pending l

NOTES: 21
Created Date: 2016/06/17 01:45:32 Created By: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Updated Date: 2016/06/17 01:46:29 Updated By: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Restricted: No Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office Text:
“ AGENT REVIEW * POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 OK All police certificates on application; following PC's NRT India. Criminality Decision Passed. EDUCATION DOCUMENTS ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree Please review if Credential is consistent with level of education claimed by PA under EE Eligibility. Please Note: review required for CRS points SPOUSE'S EDUCATION NO ECA OR CANADIAN CREDENTIAL PROVIDED. AGE Applicant's age reviewed and HAS change from ITA to e-APR. Schedule a received and reviewed edoc 1012456

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Just to clarify, that one year college certificate, were you able to complete it?
For ECA, it's critical that you finish the course to be awarded points (which is why you won't receive points if a masteral course is still ongoing and incomplete).

If the one year course has been completed, then that may be considered post grad and will enable you to claim points 2 or more post secondary education...

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think there's quite a lot of confusion regarding this. Maybe my situation could help you. I received my PR a few months ago and I had chosen two degree's diploma etc one of which was a Bachelor's and the other was a POST SECONDARY Certificate.

I requested my GCMS notes 3 times and the CIC officer on the notes clearly wrote that my post-secondary certificate checked out. Having said that, I would like to clarify that one of my degree was a 3 year Bachelor's and the other was a 1-year certificate that I had completed in Canada and was awarded a certificate for.

rahimpal

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
China
NOC Code......
Experts,

(one semester)"

Thanks,

VJ.
1. Credential

2. Credential

Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate certificate (one semester)

can i claim two or more degrees or is it only one degree?