+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees

alyxdv

Mar 28, 2018
Hello everyone! I have a 4 year Bachelors Degree (from my home country) according to ECA results. I also have a 4 month Graduate Diploma in Business from Queen's University in Canada. It is a fast-track, pre-MBA program; hence the short duration.

I saw online that to qualify for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees":

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
It does say "Graduate Diploma" above but it doesn't specify the duration of the program (4 mo/8 mo/1 yr). Question is, do I qualify for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" even if my Graduate Diploma from Canada is only 4 months? Also, I do not have to do an ECA for this one since it's a Canadian credential, right?

Spurk

Jan 2, 2018
Hello everyone! I have a 4 year Bachelors Degree (from my home country) according to ECA results. I also have a 4 month Graduate Diploma in Business from Queen's University in Canada. It is a fast-track, pre-MBA program; hence the short duration.

I saw online that to qualify for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees":

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
It does say "Graduate Diploma" above but it doesn't specify the duration of the program (4 mo/8 mo/1 yr). Question is, do I qualify for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" even if my Graduate Diploma from Canada is only 4 months? Also, I do not have to do an ECA for this one since it's a Canadian credential, right?

Do you know the answer yet? alyxdv?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Do you know the answer yet? alyxdv?
Though they didn't mention the minimum duration of the course required to be but when you will be creating EE profile you have to select the level of education for your each educational credentials from a drop down menu. only options available are-
  • Secondary
  • One year certificate, diploma or degree
  • Two year certificate, diploma or degree
  • Bachelors degree OR 3 year certificate or diploma
  • Masters degree or professional degree
  • PhD
From above list you cannot select any duration less than a year. also you won't get points for secondary education. So you can assume that minimum one year long Recognized certificate, diploma or degree is required.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!

Spurk

Jan 2, 2018
Though they didn't mention the minimum duration of the course required to be but when you will be creating EE profile you have to select the level of education for your each educational credentials from a drop down menu. only options available are-
  • Secondary
  • One year certificate, diploma or degree
  • Two year certificate, diploma or degree
  • Bachelors degree OR 3 year certificate or diploma
  • Masters degree or professional degree
  • PhD
From above list you cannot select any duration less than a year. also you won't get points for secondary education. So you can assume that minimum one year long Recognized certificate, diploma or degree is required.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!
Thank you, very very much, ishq74!

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Hi. I just received my WES evaluation as: Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)
Does this mean that I am eligible under the education criteria of "Two or more certificates, diploma or degrees" or "Bachelors Degree" when I am creating my EE profile?