+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. HELP?

Aguila

Oct 4, 2016
Hello, we are about to send our documents to WES for ECA.

But confused about Education Skill points. If CIC accept that my wife fulfils the conditions of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." our CRS points will be hopeful.

She studied 8years primary + 4years High School + 4years Bachelor's Degree. She studied 4 years length "English Teaching Department" at University. Also she has TESOL Trainer certificate from American Culture INTESOL programme. So, Can anyone help about which Educatian Level is she? Bachelor's Degree or Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Thank you.

Aguila

Oct 4, 2016
As I know TESOL certificate is also a Post-Secondary Certificate. That's why I am confused actually. Or I am wrong :) Thanks for your help btw.

Aguila

Oct 4, 2016
think0911 said:
For that you have to send documents to ECA and before ECA you can't create EE profile
You are right, I am just excited and I wanted to learn if anyone here with similar case. Cause it brings 25 more points from Foreign Work Experience (CLB 9 or Higher). And 7 more points at education level. And we need that 34 points :)

Aguila

Oct 4, 2016
dan_and said:
I'm unsure if this qualifies as a secondary degree. How long a programme was it?

In the end, you need an ECA to know for sure. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high if this is a very short programme and not a proper university course though. It sounds more like a professional certificate rather than an academic credential, but I could be wrong.
It is 350/390 hours maximum. As you said it sounds like professional certificate rather than an academic credential. Also there is no notice on the ceritifcate about the course length. People can be ESL Teacher by that certificate. So Do I need to send it to WES too or it is not neccessary? Cause its kinda worldwide certificate.

Aguila

Oct 4, 2016
dan_and said:
Definitely send it to them along with the Bachelor's documents, otherwise you will have zero chance of being able to select "two degrees or more".
Thanks for you help. I ll send it to WES than. Gonna share the result here.

stpham97

Oct 23, 2016
Hi,

I'm also interested in doing an online TESOL program from UCalgary. How was the result? Was your application accepted as 2 or more credentials?