+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. Clarification

JOSECESAR88

Jul 13, 2018
Hi forum mates,

I'm new in the forum and as many of you, I'm planning my route to migrate to Canada under the EE program.

I checked my score in the CRS tool and found I need to increase it a little bit more in order to have a successful application.

My questions are the following:

1- I already have a credential assessed by ECA as bachelor degree, however I'm planning to study a 7 month-Business Management Diploma in my country. After successful completion, will I be able to apply the item "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”?
- I believe that having already a bachelor degree PLUS a Diploma, would let me choose the option for Two or more certs..

2- I'm planning to apply as "married, spouse NOT accompanying to Canada", and start to work in the Family Sponsorship once my PR is approved. When is the best time to apply for it? Once I get my PR approved? Just after land in Canada? or after three months in Canada?
- Also, the CIC page mentions minimum processing time 12 months for this Sponsorship, however I read somewhere that this process could be significantly accelerated if a legal lawyer is working on it. What are your thought about this? is it possible? nor true?

thanks in advance for your support,

JC

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi forum mates,

I'm new in the forum and as many of you, I'm planning my route to migrate to Canada under the EE program.

I checked my score in the CRS tool and found I need to increase it a little bit more in order to have a successful application.

My questions are the following:

1- I already have a credential assessed by ECA as bachelor degree, however I'm planning to study a 7 month-Business Management Diploma in my country. After successful completion, will I be able to apply the item "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”? You need to get the diploma evaluated first. Usually they need a 1 year program. Make sure it will be evaluated as you think, before taking the course.
- I believe that having already a bachelor degree PLUS a Diploma, would let me choose the option for Two or more certs..

2- I'm planning to apply as "married, spouse NOT accompanying to Canada", and start to work in the Family Sponsorship once my PR is approved. When is the best time to apply for it? Once I get my PR approved? Just after land in Canada? or after three months in Canada?You need to fulfill certain eligibility and income criteria before you can apply for Spousal Sponsorship. And having a lawyer does not speed up the application process.
- Also, the CIC page mentions minimum processing time 12 months for this Sponsorship, however I read somewhere that this process could be significantly accelerated if a legal lawyer is working on it. What are your thought about this? is it possible? nor true?

thanks in advance for your support,

JC

Aug 7, 2018
I have a Bachelors degree (BAMS) and this qualification can be approved by IQAS. However, to score more points, I was thinking of getting myself eligible for "Two or more certificates" by pursuing a one year PG diploma only, which can be finished as soon as possible. I am into a government job and can only study part-time near to my place (which is Pathankot). Time is of essence and I want to finish this as early as possible. Based on your experience, any suggestions on specific courses in universities which shall has a successful history of positive assessment from IQAS. Thanks

Nov 18, 2019
Dear All,

I have 4 years of Bachelors of Engineering Degree from Rajasthan University and 2 years MBA degree from ICFAI Dehradun University.
However, WES has evaluated by Canadian Equivalency as for 2 years MBA as Postgraduate diploma (one year).

What should i enter in the express entry profile ? How many points will i get for it ?

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards,

sachintha

May 8, 2021
What are you spamming the site with this information to old posts.
Spamming? I never knew that sharing of information is categorized as spam! My sole intention was to share the information. In fact, many individuals think that order of the completion of credentials matters for "Two or more certificates...." category which is likely to be false. so I shared my findings on each thread. what's the problem?