+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two jobs at same time. Experience confusion.

Psawalia

Apr 28, 2018
This is gonna be bit complicated.

I used to work in two companies for 4 years (2011-2015), one for 7 hours in day time & one for 8 hours in night.

In 2017, I applied for USA tourist visa and mentioned about only one company in 168 form. Till that time i had no plan for immigration to Canada or elsewhere hence didn't think much about it.

At present, I seek immigration to Canada & this required me to mention my work experience. Now here comes the twist in tale.

The work experience of company which I mentioned in USA application (coz it was a well reputated firm) does not hold any relevance in Noc list. Whereas, the company I chose to skip (a very lesser know) in that form is the one that can help me in securing a Noc for my file. So now, can I chose to mention both in my file or should I mention only one which holds relevance as per NOC list.

Will skipping the one mentioned in USA file or adding the one not mentioned in USA file for CANADIAN PR will be considered as fudging or falsification of data by Canadian agencies, even though in reality, it is not and was a case of ignorance rather unawareness?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Not sure about which one you should go with but for the last part, you shouldn't worry. In your Personal History section post-ITA you can add both of your work experiences and so don't need to worry that IRCC would deem it misrepresentation.

pursuit

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
This is gonna be bit complicated.

I used to work in two companies for 4 years (2011-2015), one for 7 hours in day time & one for 8 hours in night.

In 2017, I applied for USA tourist visa and mentioned about only one company in 168 form. Till that time i had no plan for immigration to Canada or elsewhere hence didn't think much about it.

At present, I seek immigration to Canada & this required me to mention my work experience. Now here comes the twist in tale.

The work experience of company which I mentioned in USA application (coz it was a well reputated firm) does not hold any relevance in Noc list. Whereas, the company I chose to skip (a very lesser know) in that form is the one that can help me in securing a Noc for my file. So now, can I chose to mention both in my file or should I mention only one which holds relevance as per NOC list.

Will skipping the one mentioned in USA file or adding the one not mentioned in USA file for CANADIAN PR will be considered as fudging or falsification of data by Canadian agencies, even though in reality, it is not and was a case of ignorance rather unawareness?
I am in the same situation, Can you tell us, what happened, Did you showed both experience?

ansh1007

Sep 3, 2020
I am in the same situation, Can you tell us, what happened, Did you showed both experience?
Hello, One of my friend is in the same situation and she is freaking about this ? can you please advise what did you do and did you get the PR ?

rohan555

Oct 7, 2017
I have a similar situation, as I was working for a group of companies for same noc and drawing salary from all of them. I only chose one of those for my work history but mentioned all in my personal history. I have also explained my work history / activity in LOE, explaining that I was employed full time on only one of them and contractually for the rest.

Adnan_990

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
I have a similar situation, as I was working for a group of companies for same noc and drawing salary from all of them. I only chose one of those for my work history but mentioned all in my personal history. I have also explained my work history / activity in LOE, explaining that I was employed full time on only one of them and contractually for the rest.
Hello, what was the final result, did you get the PR ?