+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two ITAs for two different profiles: is that possible?

Empirical

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2016
Hi, the story in short:

I received an ITA two weeks ago, and was on the verge of submitting my PR application when I accidentally revoked my GCKey password.
I managed to connect my new MyCIC profile to my old profile (the one that had earned me the ITA), but the link to the (yet-to-be submitted) PR application is no longer there. For two weeks now I've been in touch with the CIC folks through case-by-case inquiries, but they play dumb and won't resolve my problem (on a side note: what an idiotic system they have set up!).

Meanwhile, I was wondering if my new profile could just earn me a separate ITA, with which I could proceed, ignoring my previous ITA, as I've become skeptical of the CIC fellows' ability to fix their bug.

Do you think it is possible to have two separate ITAs simultaneously?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC explicitly disallows 2 simultaneous active profiles so I imagine that rules out having 2 simultaneous ITAs for the same PA. However, it is technically possible to have this in the current system because it is largely user-driven for the pre-ITA process.

In your case, recommend accepting any ITA you receive on the new profile and ignoring the old profile - that ITA will die a natural death as it lapses on its own in 6 weeks from now.

Empirical

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2016
Asivad Anac said:
CIC explicitly disallows 2 simultaneous active profiles so I imagine that rules out having 2 simultaneous ITAs for the same PA. However, it is technically possible to have this in the current system because it is largely user-driven for the pre-ITA process.

In your case, recommend accepting any ITA you receive on the new profile and ignoring the old profile - that ITA will die a natural death as it lapses on its own in 6 weeks from now.
Thank you so much!

Just to make sure that I understand: it is disallowed in principle, but possible in practice?
So should I expect to receive another ITA once the 16th draw takes place? And when that happens, will I not be given a hard time by the CIC for that?

Right now the two profiles are connected to the same account.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately so. It is explicitly disallowed but the system allows it. Of course, it cannot be misused but it can be a nuisance because it might artificially inflate (however slightly) the number of ITAs in the draw.

In your case, I recommend this only because your previous profile is locked out and you are unable to proceed. If you get another ITA, keep that as standby while you wait for CIC to resolve the troubles with your previous application. Wait for a reasonable amount of time, say 6 weeks, before submitting the application based on your 2nd ITA. That ways, you can satisfactorily convince CIC that you have been fair to all concerned and not abused the system.

Reactions: Prudhvi111

Empirical

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Unfortunately so. It is explicitly disallowed but the system allows it. Of course, it cannot be misused but it can be a nuisance because it might artificially inflate (however slightly) the number of ITAs in the draw.

In your case, I recommend this only because your previous profile is locked out and you are unable to proceed. If you get another ITA, keep that as standby while you wait for CIC to resolve the troubles with your previous application. Wait for a reasonable amount of time, say 6 weeks, before submitting the application based on your 2nd ITA. That ways, you can satisfactorily convince CIC that you have been fair to all concerned and not abused the system.
Awesome man! In two minutes you've been more informative than the people paid to help have been in 5 email exchanges, including screen shots and explicit explanations. They still pretend to have not understood what the problem is.

By the way, do you think my old application is a lost cause, or have you heard of similar cases that have been resolved?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At least 1 recent case was reported as resolved by the member I had advised yesterday. Forgot which thread though.

Empirical

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2016
Asivad Anac said:
At least 1 recent case was reported as resolved by the member I had advised yesterday. Forgot which thread though.
Resolved by the client himself or the CIC people? Can you provide me with some key words to search?
I apologize for bothering you so much, but with the long feedback loop with the CIC, I'm having a bit of a meltdown.

Empirical

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Turns out that it isn't exactly alike in the details but similar in nature.

Have a look here --->
Oh, I see, thanks!
What we don't know yet is if it worked out for him, since (like me) he's still waiting for draw #16 to take place.
What I'm curious to know is if anyone has resolved a similar problem with the CIC directly, i.e. managed to revive a locked out application.

Samarthdhody

Mar 21, 2018
Hi. I am experiencing a similar case... Please tell me how did you resolve this... Did you make another profile while your Original ITA was still Active???