+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two diplomas (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Need some help pls.. I got the education equivalency as such:

In reality, however, I got a National Diploma (2 years), followed by a Higher National Diploma (1 year) followed by 1 year top up to get a Bachelor's Degree.
Can I count it as 2 or more degrees given the equivalency received?It sounds like they are counting them all separately. This is better for me ofcourse, but one actually led to the other... though they are 3 separate certifications of education.

Pls advise...

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone please advise on this matter, as I will need to take the next steps accordingly

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
Hi everyone,

In reality, however, I got a National Diploma (2 years), followed by a Higher National Diploma (1 year) followed by 1 year top up to get a Bachelor's Degree.
Can I count it as 2 or more degrees given the equivalency received?It sounds like they are counting them all separately. This is better for me ofcourse, but one actually led to the other... though they are 3 separate certifications of education.

Pls advise...

Hello,

After carefully examining, I assume that you were awarded your top-up Bachelor's degree (4 years) in which you used you National diploma and Higher National diploma, your final credential as per WES and CIC would be of only "One Bachelor's Degree", you should not select Two or more...credential in your EE profile or you will get Rejected. You should count your education as One Bachelor's Degree holder.

Because if you select..Two or more degree/diploma credential, you will be asked by CIC to provide Transcripts for each Year, of your Bachelor's Degree, and Transcripts for your Diploma's. You will not have those transcripts in hand (CIC want each year transcript for all education credentials you are declaring). In LOE you should mention you got your Bachelor's degree based on your diploma's and those diploma's transcripts will show as proof towards your Bachelor's degree of 4yrs

Did u apply for WES?

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
EFK said:
Hi everyone,

Pls advise...
Hi, I am in a similar position and waiting for mine to be sent back by WES, currently under review. If mine turns out the same i will not know what to select, Degree or Two or more. I have so many things online, like you can select two or more, some say you need to go by the main summary at the top etc, there seems to be no clear answer anywhere. What was the actually summary on the report at the top? was it WES also?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Looks like you can select 2 or more degrees. But your applicaiton is already in process?

p9712

Feb 26, 2016
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
Hi everyone,

Pls advise...
It must be according to ECA.

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To get STF points for "Two or more degrees...", one of your degree/diploma should be at least of 1 year duration obtained after completion of a degree/diploma of 3 years duration.

Have you completed your 2 years national diploma, post secondary? Still, it might fall under (10+2 + (2+1+1)) one 4 years Bachelor's degree!

smallcoffee2milk

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 2 similar questions, if I completed a 3 year diploma, post-secondary program in a Canadian college with in 2 full years including 6 semesters. (not taking any break in summer, winter etc), does it count as a Bachelor degree or equivalence of 3 year program in college?
And then if I transferred some credits to a Canadian university and obtained another Bachelor degree there by continuing 2 years of study, does this count as 2 or more degrees? Thanks guys !

p9712

Feb 26, 2016
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallcoffee2milk said:
I have 2 similar questions, if I completed a 3 year diploma, post-secondary program in a Canadian college with in 2 full years including 6 semesters. (not taking any break in summer, winter etc), does it count as a Bachelor degree or equivalence of 3 year program in college?
And then if I transferred some credits to a Canadian university and obtained another Bachelor degree there by continuing 2 years of study, does this count as 2 or more degrees? Thanks guys !
Canadian degree + 3 years diploma = two more degrees.

yaqoob427

Jan 9, 2016
Hello Could you please let me know whether those HND's were from Edexcel or another institution?
How is your immigration going on so far? i hope everything gets done smoothly wish u best of luck.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
EFK said:
Hi everyone,

Pls advise...
I have exactly the same as you.....what did you enter in the end

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
EFK said:
Hi everyone,

Pls advise...

What EXACTLY does your ECA report say in the "Canadian equivalency summary" section? You can see the summary at the top line of every WES ECA report. if WES has acknowledged your academic record as a "Bachelors degree AND diploma" then you can choose "2 or more certificates..." in your Express entry profile. However if WES has given you a summary of only canadian bachelors,.. then chose only "bachelors degree" in your EE profile.

I hope this helps

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
yaqoob427 said:
Hello Could you please let me know whether those HND's were from Edexcel or another institution?
How is your immigration going on so far? i hope everything gets done smoothly wish u best of luck.
Mine was from edexcel