13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
Hello,

My position in company is Purchasing Assistant but as duties and responsibilities are matching with Purchasing Agent so my HR will write a letter having Purchasing Agent position but my problem is my pay stub states Purchasing Assistant.

Will it create a problem in submitting letter and pay stubs both?

Should I just submit reference letter for now and pay stubs if they ask or submit both?

Please advise here. This is one of my biggest worries in documents list.

Thank you,
Vinesh

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vineshparekh said:
Hello,

My position in company is Purchasing Assistant but as duties and responsibilities are matching with Purchasing Agent so my HR will write a letter having Purchasing Agent position but my problem is my pay stub states Purchasing Assistant.

Should I just submit reference letter for now and pay stubs if they ask or submit both?

Thank you,
Vinesh
Shouldnt be an issue. Paystubs are not compulsory as long as your reference letter covers the cic requirements.

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
StAnger said:
Shouldnt be an issue. Paystubs are not compulsory as long as your reference letter covers the cic requirements.
But I heard that since I will file my tax returns for this year in next year so I don't have any supporting documents other than pay stubs so I would have to submit pay stubs if not now then later.

Can two different titles create a complicated situation?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vineshparekh said:
But I heard that since I will file my tax returns for this year in next year so I don't have any supporting documents other than pay stubs so I would have to submit pay stubs if not now then later.

Can two different titles create a complicated situation?
Can you get it correct on reference letter? Ask your HR to mention whats on pay slips.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Can you get an employment certificate from your employer? This along with your letter of appointment (indicating when you joined the organization) should be enough proof that you are employed with the organization.

And as far as the job title goes, I have been informed by folks on this forum that what is written under responsibilities in your reference letter matters more than the title. So, I don't think you have to worry about it.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
vineshparekh said:
Hello,

Thank you,
Vinesh
Please do not change your title to accommodate NOC requirements. This is misrepresentation and has serious consequences. It's the job duties on your letter that matters not the title. If your job duties match that of Purchasing Agent position then you can use this NOC in your application without having to change your designation title. Just make sure your job duties mentioned in the letter are correct and match the NOC you are claiming points for.

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
joelmath said:
Please do not change your title to accommodate NOC requirements. This is misrepresentation and has serious consequences. It's the job duties on your letter that matters not the title. If your job duties match that of Purchasing Agent position then you can use this NOC in your application without having to change your designation title. Just make sure your job duties mentioned in the letter are correct and match the NOC you are claiming points for.
My problem is my offer letter is Purchasing Agent, my reference letter will be Purchasing Agent but to accommodate my title in company's structure, my title within company is Purchasing Assistant. So my pay stubs are coming as Purchasing Assistant.

I am clueless from ITA that how do I put my documents? How do I represent that it will not create any problem or misrepresentation.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vineshparekh said:
My problem is my offer letter is Purchasing Agent, my reference letter will be Purchasing Agent but to accommodate my title in company's structure, my title within company is Purchasing Assistant. So my pay stubs are coming as Purchasing Assistant.

I am clueless from ITA that how do I put my documents? How do I represent that it will not create any problem or misrepresentation.
Just explain it in a letter of explanation. Dont worry.

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
StAnger said:
Just explain it in a letter of explanation. Dont worry.
Should I ask my HR to write in letter 'Purchasing Assistant (Purchasing Agent)' instead of just Purchasing Agent so it can match with pay stubs? Sorry but all my other documents are ready but will get experience letter next week and I know once my HR issues an experience letter, she will not make changes willingly and take days to make it.

So want to finalize before she issues it.

Thanks

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
vineshparekh said:
Should I ask my HR to write in letter 'Purchasing Assistant (Purchasing Agent)' instead of just Purchasing Agent so it can match with pay stubs? Sorry but all my other documents are ready but will get experience letter next week and I know once my HR issues an experience letter, she will not make changes willingly and take days to make it.

So want to finalize before she issues it.

Thanks
As Stanger mentioned paystubs are not a compulsion. In your situation I would suggest going ahead with purchasing agent title as that is what you were actually hired as and your designation never formally changed. I am assuming this will be the title your employer will confirm to CIC in case of a verification call/email. The decision to hire you as purchasing agent but mention purchasing assistant was company's internal call.

If a situation arises where CIC needs additional docs then you can work with your HR in explaining your situation. This way you are not misrepresenting anything.

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
joelmath said:
As Stanger mentioned paystubs are not a compulsion. In your situation I would suggest going ahead with purchasing agent title as that is what you were actually hired as and your designation never formally changed. I am assuming this will be the title your employer will confirm to CIC in case of a verification call/email. The decision to hire you as purchasing agent but mention purchasing assistant was company's internal call.

If a situation arises where CIC needs additional docs then you can work with your HR in explaining your situation. This way you are not misrepresenting anything.
Thanks all. I would go with suggestions you guys provided. Much appreciated!

Let's see and I hope the officer who takes my application is in good mood while reviewing my application. lol

Thanks again & best luck to all. :)

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
vineshparekh said:
Hello,

Thank you,
Vinesh
You have got no problem at all, as long as job description matches. I also don't think you require any further explanation as VOs are fully aware that job title may vary across countries and companies.

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
ibejiopad said:
You have got no problem at all, as long as job description matches. I also don't think you require any further explanation as VOs are fully aware that job title may vary across countries and companies.
Thanks much for your positive reply.

I'm little less worried now. My experience letter also matches around 50% of the NOC code duties so hopefully that will be counted.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
vineshparekh said:
Thanks much for your positive reply.

I'm little less worried now. My experience letter also matches around 50% of the NOC code duties so hopefully that will be counted.
50% match is daisy, if I were you, I would liaise with my HR department to help enumerate "ALL" my job description in details. You may also want to consider other NOCs that provide a better match.

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
ibejiopad said:
50% match is daisy, if I were you, I would liaise with my HR department to help enumerate "ALL" my job description in details. You may also want to consider other NOCs that provide a better match.
There is no other NOC which is matching with my job duties. This is a big company so they can only specify which they want so she had made slight changes but that's maximum she was willing to do so will go with that only. Not having many options as of now! :(