+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two different job titles - NOC is the same - Employer is the same

over_the_rainbow

Jun 24, 2015
Dear friends,

Just helping my friend now with his documents.

He has been working in the same company in Canada and his job title changed once - NOC remained the same

When in work history he mentions two job titles, in the check list it is required to provide 2 employer records - 1 for first job title and 2 - for another one.

Can you please help us! Should we live it like that and ask the employer for 2 letters or
mention current job title and ask the employer to write 1 letter mentioning that he has been working on 1 and then another position?

I appreciate your help!

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
over_the_rainbow said:
Dear friends,

Just helping my friend now with his documents.

He has been working in the same company in Canada and his job title changed once - NOC remained the same

When in work history he mentions two job titles, in the check list it is required to provide 2 employer records - 1 for first job title and 2 - for another one.

Can you please help us! Should we live it like that and ask the employer for 2 letters or
mention current job title and ask the employer to write 1 letter mentioning that he has been working on 1 and then another position?

I appreciate your help!
I think one letter should do it but the letter should state something like this... "over_the_rainbow's friend work at our company from DATE to DATE as a ..... and his job responsibilities were following:

LIST THE JOB DUTIES.

Then include the job responsibilities of the other job.

At the end the letter should indicate that the NOC for both of the employments was ......

Your letter may become 2 pages long, but that`s fine.

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
over_the_rainbow said:
Thank you so much valar morghulis!
Appreciate your sharing!
Hey,,, while filling the work history, do you mention both job titles or only the latest one?

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
gibinv said:
Hey,,, while filling the work history, do you mention both job titles or only the latest one?
Hey.. any update on this?

over_the_rainbow

Jun 24, 2015
Hi,
My friend is still thinking what to do.
I will update you on that. He is actually waiting for the letteer from the employer.

Thank you

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
over_the_rainbow said:
Hi,
My friend is still thinking what to do.
I will update you on that. He is actually waiting for the letteer from the employer.

Thank you

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valar morghulis said:
I think one letter should do it but the letter should state something like this... "over_the_rainbow's friend work at our company from DATE to DATE as a ..... and his job responsibilities were following:

LIST THE JOB DUTIES.

Then include the job responsibilities of the other job.

At the end the letter should indicate that the NOC for both of the employments was ......

Your letter may become 2 pages long, but that`s fine.
I think this should be sufficient as valar morghulis has stated here. Not sure if this is important, but I would also add the reason why the title changed.

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A-man said:
I think this should be sufficient as valar morghulis has stated here. Not sure if this is important, but I would also add the reason why the title changed.
True. I mirror this idea too.

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
valar morghulis said:
True. I mirror this idea too.
Hi.. My doubt is regarding the work history portion in PR application. Whether we need to list the different job titles as different jobs or just the latest title will be sufficient?

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gibinv said:
Hi.. My doubt is regarding the work history portion in PR application. Whether we need to list the different job titles as different jobs or just the latest title will be sufficient?
I would add all titles to avoid confusion.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone updated on this? For my spouse, I am just entering the latest title, rather than trying to get the exact dates and previous titles... its grade increases throughout the years... so not sure if it should be split....
is it enough just to put the final title?

If I do the above, I can get a letter saying he joined xx years ago... and the current title is ABC, salary 123 and duties right now.
Will try to get them to add number of hours or say fulltime..
Do I need to mention anything else? Especially since its spouse?

I was thinking not to enter any work history at all, but am not comfortable with that...