+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two degrees/certificates in Level of Education

ninsam

Dec 14, 2016
Hi,

My wife has 2 degrees/certificates and her ECA (WES) report mentions the same as "Bachelor's degree (three years) and post-graduate diploma (one year)". So her level of education should be " Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." However, dropdown menu does not have this criterion, because of which I am forced to select other options. This is resulting in lower points for Express Entry. Can someone help me why this option is not appearing in the drop-down menu and how can we get points for two degrees?

Thanks in advance.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Add both of them separately.cic will calculate it.

ninsam

Dec 14, 2016
Thanks for your reply. I tried doing that, but the points are not added and only the bachelors points are added. Any clue why this could be happening?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Have you entered the Wes certificate number and other details in the second qualification?

ninsam

Dec 14, 2016
Yes, I have included WES details for both the degrees. Has the system calculated it automatically for other people who have similar degrees? Earlier I remember, they used to have separate option in the dropdown menu.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
What were the study periods of each? When to when?

ninsam

Dec 14, 2016
One of the degrees is 4 year bachelors and other is diploma (one year) as per WES. So this should be equivalent to 2 or more degrees as per CIC site.

SunnyKharbanda

Dec 17, 2016
I am facing the same problem as well

Hi everyone,

I would just like to know if my wife can get points in this category under Education Factor

Express Entry education factor
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

She Did her WES Evaluation and below are her results

Credential(INDIA) Canada Equivalencey
Bachelor of science (three years) Bachelor's degree (four years)
Masters of Science(2 Years) Post Graduate Diploma(1 year)

However, Dropdown menu does not have this criterion, because of which I am forced to select other options. This is resulting in lower points for Express Entry. Can someone help me why this option is not appearing in the drop-down menu and how can we get points for two degrees?

What exactly needs to be entered under the Level of Education and the Canada equivalency for both of the above degrees in the form?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SunnyKharbanda said:
I am facing the same problem as well

Hi everyone,

I would just like to know if my wife can get points in this category under Education Factor

Express Entry education factor
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

She Did her WES Evaluation and below are her results

Credential(INDIA) Canada Equivalencey
Bachelor of science (three years) Bachelor's degree (four years)
Masters of Science(2 Years) Post Graduate Diploma(1 year)

However, Dropdown menu does not have this criterion, because of which I am forced to select other options. This is resulting in lower points for Express Entry. Can someone help me why this option is not appearing in the drop-down menu and how can we get points for two degrees?

What exactly needs to be entered under the Level of Education and the Canada equivalency for both of the above degrees in the form?
'Bachelors' for the first one and '1 year program' for the 2nd one. Do you see these options in the drop down menu?

ninsam

Dec 14, 2016
So does this mean that the system has changed? Because earlier there used to be an option for "two or more degrees" in the dropdown menu, now there is not. So in case we have to enter degrees separately, the system has to calculate points automatically, which is not happening.

Has anyone got any satisfactory reply from CIC?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ninsam said:
So does this mean that the system has changed? Because earlier there used to be an option for "two or more degrees" in the dropdown menu, now there is not. So in case we have to enter degrees separately, the system has to calculate points automatically, which is not happening.

Has anyone got any satisfactory reply from CIC?
This is correct. It was done to avoid confusion for people not knowing if their qualifications counted towards 2 or more. However it being missing has caused even more confusion.

ninsam

Dec 14, 2016
Ok. Thanks for the update. But even when I added both degrees, the system didn't automatically calculate. That's why I got confused. What could be the possible reason?

ninsam

Dec 14, 2016
Hi,

From where did you get this information about this change? Can you please share any link?

Thanks

kryt0n said:
This is correct. It was done to avoid confusion for people not knowing if their qualifications counted towards 2 or more. However it being missing has caused even more confusion.