+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two Degrees at Bachelors level, How much Points.

pak1

Jun 15, 2009
hello Seniors,

I have two degrees at bachelors level. one is 4 years and the other is 2 years. i got the 2 years degree (BA-Economics) as a part time studies as it was related to my professional studies. which i got during my professionl studies (BBA-H). i am confused about the total number of educational years. would it be counted 16 or 18. and what abt the points, how much about the points, 22 or 20. all my working experience as Accountatnt (NOC 1111) is according to the my professional degree BB-H and have no work experience according to BA Degree.

second question is what is procedure of sending the credintials to the CHC, would it be notrized or sealed by the university. Which one is acceptable.

My educational time is

2004-2006--------------- BA Economics
2004-2007--------------- BBA-H

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
it doesn't matter whether you have 16 or 18 years. For both, you will get 22 points. I think you can easily count it as 16 years on your application and it wouldn't matter.

pak1

Jun 15, 2009
Thanks rupeshhari for your precious information,

and what about the second question, what is acceptable way to send you credentials to CHC. is it in university sealed envlope or notarsied copyies of your credentials.

Regards

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
22 points.

transcripts are required by most offices.you need to check annexture A for your visa office. CHC ND accepted notarised copies for narinder. so, they may be flexible. but that ws ND.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
pak1 said:
Thanks rupeshhari for your precious information,

and what about the second question, what is acceptable way to send you credentials to CHC. is it in university sealed envlope or notarsied copyies of your credentials.

Regards
All visa office expect original transcripts put in an envelop, closed and then a university seal.
I presume you are Pakistani based on your userid. Getting another original transcripts not possible in Pakistan so there is a way to come around it by photocopying your transcript and then getting it attested by the university, ministry of education or something like that. If you search this forum, you will come across that thread.

pak1

Jun 15, 2009
thanks

i want to know that only the university transcripts must be in sealed envelopes or the transcripts obtained from school, college are also must be in issuing body's sealed envelope. My two bachelors degrees are from two different universities, am i suppose to get both in seald envelopes or the last one in the seald envelope.

An if i could not get the transcripts in seald envelopes then, can i send notarzied copies of the transcripts.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
your transcripts for your two degrees whether the institution is called university, college, etc should be in a sealed envelope (not your high school transcripts as far as i know unless your visa office specifically asks for it that way).
If you cannot get it, then search this forum to see what others in your country has done. If you are the only one in your country who can't get it, CIC probably won't buy into that.

jojobaba

Star Member
Jun 22, 2009
Pls help me in understading the education points.

I am an Associate Cost & Management Accountant ( ACMA) from the Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan(ICMAP).
It is a three years professional program of cost & management accountancy after graduation ( 14 years of education). My education profile is as under:
ACMA=3 years
B.Com =14 years
Total= 17 years.
Morover Higher Education Commision(HEC) of Pakistan recognizes ACMA as equivalent to M.Com. ( In fact ACMA is much superior to M.Com both in knowledge and practical success. But I think for academics purposes if ACMA want to do PHD/M-Phil this equivalency is granted).

Kindly advice what points would be granted to me
thanks & regards

Usman799

Star Member
Mar 4, 2009
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If HEC recognizes ACMA as equivalent to M.Com then you will get definately 25 points. becasue as per the CIC regulation, credential are assesed as per the regulation of the respective country, not as per the regulations of canada.