+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TVR - Single Entry Validity - Need Help

Aether

Apr 13, 2023
Hello.
I just got my visitor visa approved. They gave me single entry valid until July 4, 2023. The thing is my travel date is July 8, 2023. So my visa will be expired before I can even travel. I have stated my travel date when applying. Is there anything I can do about it?
FYI. My biometric is valid until 2033 and passport until 2027.

Last edited:

Vayen.

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Hello.
I just got my visitor visa approved. They gave me single entry valid until July 4, 2023. The thing is my travel date is July 8, 2023. So my visa will be expired before I can even travel. I have stated my travel date when applying. Is there anything I can do about it?
FYI. My biometric is valid until 2033 and passport until 2027.
What did you apply your visa for?. Tourism?, Business?, visiting family?.

Aether

Apr 13, 2023
What did you apply your visa for?. Tourism?, Business?, visiting family?.
Visiting. Upon applying, I stated that I'm going to visit my boyfriend. Honestly, I am okay with single entry knowing that I don't have much travel history. My issue is solely on visa validity. It's before my travel date.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Visiting. Upon applying, I stated that I'm going to visit my boyfriend. Honestly, I am okay with single entry knowing that I don't have much travel history. My issue is solely on visa validity. It's before my travel date.
So change your flight plans and enter before the visa expiry. IRCC tells people not to buy a ticket until visa is approved.

obazi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
So change your flight plans and enter before the visa expiry. IRCC tells people not to buy a ticket until visa is approved.
I agree with you. Change your traveling plans to the nearest date before the visa expiration date.

Aether

Apr 13, 2023
I agree with you. Change your traveling plans to the nearest date before the visa expiration date.
The thing is I can't just change it. I still have a job to come back to and my approved leave is July 8. That's why I specified in my application. So there's really nothing I can do about? Should I just reapply for a new visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It depends. For my case, I sent them a message and they responded in 10 days.
And IRCC changed the entry date on the TRV to a few days later? This is the issue. OP has a TRV so IRCC doesn’t need to respond. IRCC doesn’t care when you want to travel. IRCC decides.