Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Lahore,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ChC..islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can one pay his tution fee while working in canada???rply Fast please..

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
you have to work illegally to collect total fees. If you work that much , it will only affect your studies and performance.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Read up on this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp

You can only work to pay part of it, but fees can be quite high depending on your courses obviously (and whether you go to private or government schools). Most of that money will likely go to your living expenses more than anything else, unless you already have that taken care of. I took course from a private institute, and it was very hard (plus I was alone and knew nobody here), I just scrimped and saved and managed it somehow, losing alot of weight in the process coz I reduced my expenses by cutting down on food.

Thi91

Nov 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
may i know which province is better for the part-time job opportunities..?

and, which is quite considerable in moderate cost of living..?

please anyone reply...

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
one common website where people look for jobs (and almost everything else), is www.craigslist.com

you can get a rough idea there.. usually summer time is the busiest period, or during holiday seasons.. I'm at Vancouver, BC.. where cost of living is sky rocket high.. but if you live further out (like in Surrey or New Westminster), you can get away with slightly cheaper rent and stuffs in general.. with the skytrain, it takes about an hour +/- to get to downtown. Lots of people rent a house with several room-mates too, which will make it cheaper. The lowest I've paid in rent is $350 in Vancouver - it's a very small room (not the downtown core, but about 15 minutes away by skytrain, not that bad). But the con of living further out means you have to spend money on your transportation too.. Go to http://www.translink.ca/ and click on Fares and Passes to take a look at how much public transit would cost. Different cities have different costs.. so check them out obviously, depending which city you want to go to.

When you work and file your taxes, you can claim those for your tax refunds (only if you buy monthly passes, I believe) so it's not that bad.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Sorry, when I wrote you can claim your tax refunds on the monthly pass, I meant the adult monthly pass (that's what I use)..

I'm not sure about the student passes (you have to be in a qualifying institute) http://www.translink.ca/en/Fares-and-Passes/Student-Passes.aspx and the rates are usually much cheaper.

Thi91

Nov 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shells said:
Sorry, when I wrote you can claim your tax refunds on the monthly pass, I meant the adult monthly pass (that's what I use)..

I'm not sure about the student passes (you have to be in a qualifying institute) http://www.translink.ca/en/Fares-and-Passes/Student-Passes.aspx and the rates are usually much cheaper.
tnx alot! it matters alot to me.. I'm trying for fall'13 intake..
Sinc,I cant afford alot, I tried to shortlist the univ which is in the less expensive city/province..
Tats y, I'd asked for part-time job details too..
I am thinking of applying to Dalhousie, manitoba, western ontario, and newbrunswick..
I've 7.97 CGPA in UG and expecting 7 to 7.5 in IELTS, and 290+ in GRE!
Masters in computer science..
is this univ's r fyn for my profile..?