+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tuition payment receipt neccessary?

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi guys, I will be coming to Canada in august, and i have already begun my summer semester online from my country. I have printed letter of enrollment both for summer semester and fall semester, but I have not yet paid any tuitions, neither for summer nor for fall.
Those of you who have experience, do you guys know if at the border they ask for tuition payment receipt or not?
there are some difficulties in my country due to bank restrictions and western union is not supported here, I would like to enter Canada, make an account, and then my family will transfer money to my own account using internet banking for debit cards and I can easily pay the tuition. I am just worried if it is mandatory to have the tuition payment receipt at the border?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Can anyone who has recently entered canada confrim what do they ask to see at the borders?
Each person's experience will be different so it'll be hard to go by experiences only. It all depends on what the CBSA officer you encounter asks you.
Having said that, since your school allowed you to enrol without paying tuition, I don't think you will have any problem.

IRCC already gave guidance on preparing for your arrival as student. Make sure you have the documents listed and you should be fine:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare-arrival.html