+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tuberculosis

andycan

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Tuberculosis, MTB, or TB (short for tubercle bacillus), in the past also called phthisis, phthisis pulmonalis, or consumption, is a widespread....

In my childhood may be in the age of 12 i have Tuberculosis.... now i m 35yrs old.

Will it be a problem during Medical Test under Express Entry??

shail2054

Star Member
Jan 6, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-15
AOR Received.
04-07-15
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
Passport Req..
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxx
LANDED..........
xxxxx
No but you have to do sputum test which delay ur case for 2 months as the result of this take 2 months.

andycan

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
shail2054 said:
No but you have to do sputum test which delay ur case for 2 months as the result of this take 2 months.
should i have to inform CIC that?? or Medical Officer will inform me to do test...

asking bcoz how CIC will know that i have this disease at the age of 12??

waiting for your valuable reply

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
andycan said:
should i have to inform CIC that?? or Medical Officer will inform me to do test...

asking bcoz how CIC will know that i have this disease at the age of 12??

waiting for your valuable reply
the doctor will ask you if u had a big list of diseases..one
of them is turbeculosis..so u gonna have to say that u had it before

andycan

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
nata_cap said:
the doctor will ask you if u had a big list of diseases..one
of them is turbeculosis..so u gonna have to say that u had it before
if i say i dont have it before..... then??

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Depends if the Dr can trace it in your medical history. CIC will unlikely do that.

shail2054

Star Member
Jan 6, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-15
AOR Received.
04-07-15
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
Passport Req..
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxx
LANDED..........
xxxxx
See if donot tell them anyway they gonna find it after looking your X-ray . If they look your X-ray they will see scar on your chest. Take my suggestion donot lie n tell the truth. Take all kind of evidence showing you got treated for TB successfully n now living healthy. Cic will gonna send mail to doctor to do sputum test for you . Hope my answer will help as I have been to these procedure before coming to Canada.

andycan

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
shail2054 said:
See if donot tell them anyway they gonna find it after looking your X-ray . If they look your X-ray they will see scar on your chest. Take my suggestion donot lie n tell the truth. Take all kind of evidence showing you got treated for TB successfully n now living healthy. Cic will gonna send mail to doctor to do sputum test for you . Hope my answer will help as I have been to these procedure before coming to Canada.
Just for Quarry .... as u told ..... If they look your X-ray they will see scar on your chest.

are you sure about it??

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
From doctorslounge.com I found this explanation. You can find lots of information with a quick google.
Hi there -- In theory your TB infection remains latent and so there is a (very minimal) risk of recurrence. In practice it almost never happens, but there is a remote possibility of transmission, so it is regarded differently than in a patient with no history of TB at all. Having taken the medical "cure" makes you, for all practical purposes, "cured." Then again, anyone can become infected or reinfected via exposure to active TB, so it's never totally out of the question. You're highly unlikely to ever have the problem again, but you should test positive every time (although even this isn't a 100% ironclad rule either).

As for the scar, most of them remain indefinitely, which is what defines scarring. However, and once again, this is not a sure thing, and it could at least become minimized and may eventually be difficult to detect. However, don't be surprised if it does show up on each X-ray, which means this is something that needs to be noted in your medical records so as to avoid raising a flap every time someone notes it.

shail2054

Star Member
Jan 6, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-15
AOR Received.
04-07-15
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
Passport Req..
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxx
LANDED..........
xxxxx
andycan said:
Just for Quarry .... as u told ..... If they look your X-ray they will see scar on your chest.

are you sure about it??
100 percent these scar will be in your chest life long.

andycan

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Pippin said:
From doctorslounge.com I found this explanation. You can find lots of information with a quick google.
Hi there -- In theory your TB infection remains latent and so there is a (very minimal) risk of recurrence. In practice it almost never happens, but there is a remote possibility of transmission, so it is regarded differently than in a patient with no history of TB at all. Having taken the medical "cure" makes you, for all practical purposes, "cured." Then again, anyone can become infected or reinfected via exposure to active TB, so it's never totally out of the question. You're highly unlikely to ever have the problem again, but you should test positive every time (although even this isn't a 100% ironclad rule either).

As for the scar, most of them remain indefinitely, which is what defines scarring. However, and once again, this is not a sure thing, and it could at least become minimized and may eventually be difficult to detect. However, don't be surprised if it does show up on each X-ray, which means this is something that needs to be noted in your medical records so as to avoid raising a flap every time someone notes it.

So what is your Suggestion for me??

andycan

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
shail2054 said:
100 percent these scar will be in your chest life long.
i am really worried... so do you thing i need to consult a doctor right now??

bcoz i dont khow whether is it properly cured or not.... as bcoz u said.... 100% it will be der

please suggest me what should i do now??

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
You can start by discussing this issue with a doctor who knows your history. He or she will give you the best guidance. It is better to get proper medical advice and not create unnecessary concern for yourself. Good luck.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
You can start by discussing this issue with a doctor who knows your history. He or she will give you the best guidance. It is better to get proper medical advice and not create unnecessary concern for yourself. Good luck.
Indeed! Great advice. You can take http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMEI_Tuberculosis.pdf with you to discuss with your physician. Also, if there's any information that the physician would want to convey, it may help to take a summary of your situation and how it's treated (as if it were a referral letter) to your Panel Physician appointment for them to forward to the CIC RMO (Regional Medical Office).