+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to give my coworker helpful and accurate advice.

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
MAY 26, 2014 <br>AOR2 Received: SEP 9, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SEP 24, 2014 <br>Decision Made: OCT 13, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
I'm currently working in China but have decided to move back to Canada with my wife and have been following that path and doing my own thing. However my wife's immigration through the family class has become quite a topic for my colleagues as it is of course filled with interesting questions about "What are we going to do?"

One colleague however is in a very different boat than the rest. Like me he has spent quite a long time in China and has a Chinese wife and they are planning for a family etc etc. However, China is not the friendliest place to be a foreign worker. It is very restrictive and you really can not plan past your next visa renewal date. China's spousal visas don't entitle the spouse to work, only to reside there (works very well for wealthy Men to go find foreign housewife in south asia) anyway enough about that

He is from Sweden, can speak and write native Swedish, near native English and has quite a grasp of conversational Chinese. His wife speaks Chinese and quite good English i have no idea about her written skills but I believe they are also quite good.

With out her knowing Swedish it is very difficult for them to ever plan for a life back in Sweden as she would have a very isolated and unsatisfactory work life. In China because of the constant visa troubles he faces (and the lower wages she earns) its also not that bright a future. We have talked about how his life would be better if he and her could immigrate to Canada or Australia as they could both life much more satisfying lives together.

They are both university educated, He came to China as a sales manager but is now a Research and Development manager for English Education materials and although it means nothing of the 50 foreign staff I manage here in China he is undoubtedly the hardest working most professional of the bunch. Although university educated in English she works for her family's real-estate company as an accounts manager.

They would not be very picky about what province the live in as long as they can have and provide a wonderful life for their future children and possibly bring her parents to live with them (its Chinese culture), What are the best avenues/ways i can advise them to look at how to immigrate to Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It's all here... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
MAY 26, 2014 <br>AOR2 Received: SEP 9, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SEP 24, 2014 <br>Decision Made: OCT 13, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
zardoz said:
It's all here... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
Thats true, and thanks, i was more looking for just suggestions to what "streams" i should tell him to research as its obviously not the family one I know about...

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i should tell him to research
His English is good, as you said, and there are limited immigration options on www.cic.gc.ca, so he definitely could STUDY all of them by himself.
Of course, if he is really interested. Or you could study it for him if you wish. ;)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
That's why I provided that link. It leads to the eligibility quiz at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp
They can see what is appropriate from that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kysorb said:
Thats true, and thanks, i was more looking for just suggestions to what "streams" i should tell him to research as its obviously not the family one I know about...
They can ignore CEC since neither of them have worked in Canada before. Otherwise any category could be a possibility - especially if one of them can secure a job offer in Canada. There are specific criteria for each program, so they will need to look at each one to determine which may be a fit (or have a lawyer / consultant do this on their behalf). Unfortunately the only real short cut to doing the work yourself is paying someone to do it.