+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to get U.S. Visitor Visa from Canada as a Foreigner Applying for PR

majoml19

Oct 11, 2022
Hi there,

I am writing here today because I tried asking this question by e-mail to U.S. Consulate in Toronto and they were useless. Here is my situation:

I recently submitted my DS-160 Non-immigrant Visa Application, where I indicated that I am in Canada on a work permit, however, I have also submitted an application in Canada for permanent residence that I still have not gotten a response for. As such, on the DS-160 I indicated my current status in Canada and was asked to submit my documents by mail. They were returned to me and I was asked to schedule an interview appointment with the Consulate in Toronto. As you may expect, these appointments go very far into the future as there are a lot of delays. My appointment is scheduled for October 2023 but I am expecting my status in Canada to have changed by then, having received permanent residence here in Canada. So, I would like to know if this status change happens, will I need to resubmit my DS-160 Visa Application? and in that case, will I also need to reschedule my interview appointment? I would appreciate any guidance on this matter.

Thank you.

Northern_Unicorn

Aug 6, 2021
Hi there,

I am writing here today because I tried asking this question by e-mail to U.S. Consulate in Toronto and they were useless. Here is my situation:

I recently submitted my DS-160 Non-immigrant Visa Application, where I indicated that I am in Canada on a work permit, however, I have also submitted an application in Canada for permanent residence that I still have not gotten a response for. As such, on the DS-160 I indicated my current status in Canada and was asked to submit my documents by mail. They were returned to me and I was asked to schedule an interview appointment with the Consulate in Toronto. As you may expect, these appointments go very far into the future as there are a lot of delays. My appointment is scheduled for October 2023 but I am expecting my status in Canada to have changed by then, having received permanent residence here in Canada. So, I would like to know if this status change happens, will I need to resubmit my DS-160 Visa Application? and in that case, will I also need to reschedule my interview appointment? I would appreciate any guidance on this matter.

Thank you.
If there is any change in your status/information, you have to submit a new DS-160 and email it to the consulate where your interview is scheduled. No need to reschedule the appointment and pay the fee again.