+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to determine Paris VAC backlog.

Cominomax

Sep 10, 2020
Hello hello,

A shout out to everyone who knows their PR is being processed in Paris: could you give your timeline so that it helps determine more or less where they are at in the processing?

My own timeline:
-------------------
Applied online and received AOR on February 05th 2020.
Bio-metrics validated on February 24th 2020.
Got a job lined up and updated them about that on the 1st of September but no answer.
No change to report on the status of the application since February 24th 2020.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello hello,

A shout out to everyone who knows their PR is being processed in Paris: could you give your timeline so that it helps determine more or less where they are at in the processing?

My own timeline:
-------------------
Applied online and received AOR on February 05th 2020.
Bio-metrics validated on February 24th 2020.
Got a job lined up and updated them about that on the 1st of September but no answer.
No change to report on the status of the application since February 24th 2020.
How have you applied for PR? Processing times vary depending on how you have applied.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Online with Express entry under the federal worker program with no PN.
I would post to the Express Entry section of the forum in that case. Very few views and replies in this section of the forum. Good luck.

Reactions: Cominomax

Ykh

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Hello @Cominomax , my file is being processed in Paris VO, EE FSW-O AOR March 26. I had no update from the VO since they always reply with a auto-generated message, until i received my GCMS notes dated back to 30 August showing that i passed criminality, eligibility and since then it was transferred to Paris there was no movement. It's a very slow office and we have a small group for applicants in Paris VO, it's been sometime since anyone received an update. Where are you applying from and what's your latest status?

Cominomax

Sep 10, 2020
Hello @Ykh, thank you for your answer, that is very encouraging. If I may ask: has your online profile been updated with the changes of having passed criminality and eligibility?
Also, could I join that group?

To answer your questions, I haven't received any latest status update, my online profile has not moved at all for the 7 and a half months my application has been submitted and I passed both medical and biometrics bits. In none of the communication I have had with IRCC did I get an update on my status despite me providing them with proof that a Canadian company would hire me on the spot once I get the PR. We applied online, I am from Belgium and my spouse (dependant in the application) is Russian but completed the medical exam and biometrics in Vietnam where I was on a trip.

Drsis

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
May I ask if you know whether Paris visa office is issuing PR emails nowadays or not? Thanks

Ykh

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
May I ask if you know whether Paris visa office is issuing PR emails nowadays or not? Thanks
Lately, Paris VO issued a lot of PPRs.
Mainly for Jul/Aug/Sep 2020 applicants.
they also started issuing PPRs since November for applicants with older AOR dates.

Drsis

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Lately, Paris VO issued a lot of PPRs.
Mainly for Jul/Aug/Sep 2020 applicants.
they also started issuing PPRs since November for applicants with older AOR dates.
They requested remedical and schedule A last month. Remedical was passed within few days. 5 days ago, they requested to submit a copy of my new passport because it expired this month. Do you have any idea how many days it takes after passing remedical to recieve RFV email?

Ykh

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
They requested remedical and schedule A last month. Remedical was passed within few days. 5 days ago, they requested to submit a copy of my new passport because it expired this month. Do you have any idea how many days it takes after passing remedical to recieve RFV email?
I had a schedule A request a the start of this month. Remedical or medical extension was always a good sign for other applicants, they received their PPRs after a short period but they were mostly 2019 applicants.We have a whatsapp group for Paris vo, members from different nationalities. We share our progress which usually happens at the same time for most of the applicants.

Drsis

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
My AOR is December 2018. My file was in review required for a long period of time and was also transferred to different visa offices during this time. Please add me I'll send you my number. Thanks alot and good luck!

Drsis

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
I've just recieved a ghost update. Does that mean I'll receive RFV email in the coming few days or it will be on hold until travel restrictions are over?

Ykh

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
I've just recieved a ghost update. Does that mean I'll receive RFV email in the coming few days or it will be on hold until travel restrictions are over?
Ghost update is always a good sign in Paris VO. I know an October 2018 applicant who received updates recently.