+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRY applied with valid PGWP april 2018

rambo5

Apr 5, 2014
Hi guys,

I travelled to india 3 months back and realized that trv is expired and I need to get a new one to re-enter along with PGWP. i had to cancel the flight and file the TRV through online portal.

I have few questions

1) I filed application on 10th april with my canadian account statemnt with not much balance but to show I am paying my rent and other bills.( would finances can be a problem)
2) I quit my job before coming to canada so can't provide a continous job letter. Would that be a big factor as well?

I am hoping to receive this within 20 days as processing times says 15 days. I am stuck in India because of this messup.

Any info will be appreciated

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Assume you cross referenced your approved PGWP with your TRV application given that is the reason for the application. Funds/ job not really that relevant given the PGWP open work permit.

rambo5

Apr 5, 2014
Assume you cross referenced your approved PGWP with your TRV application given that is the reason for the application. Funds/ job not really that relevant given the PGWP open work permit.
You are right I have a PGWP till june 2019 but only worried if they take my application as a new trv and give importance to finances and job.
Any idea how much time it would take in this kind of scenario
P.S. looking at other threads my understanding of typical decision on trv is about 15-35- days.

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I travelled to india 3 months back and realized that trv is expired and I need to get a new one to re-enter along with PGWP. i had to cancel the flight and file the TRV through online portal.

I have few questions

1) I filed application on 10th april with my canadian account statemnt with not much balance but to show I am paying my rent and other bills.( would finances can be a problem)
2) I quit my job before coming to canada so can't provide a continous job letter. Would that be a big factor as well?

I am hoping to receive this within 20 days as processing times says 15 days. I am stuck in India because of this messup.

Hi Rambo
I am in the same situation like you.
Coming india on 25 march only with my valid PGWP as i did not know that i need a valid trv too.
Now i come to know that i need to renew my trv.
Like you i also quit my job before coming here, so i dont have any job offer. Only have some bank balance from canada and india, and my tax returns of the year 2017.
Please share your experience with me.
Did you get the new trv?

Thanks in advance

Appu140688

Apr 12, 2017
Hi guys,

I have few questions

Hi Rambo,
I am in your situation right now. Can you please give me what happened to your TRV?

I was applied on June 16th, 2018
still waiting for status.

Thank you,
Appu