+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I applied on July 12th and got a request for biometrics, those completed on Aug 4th. It says they will contact us when they begin to review eligibility but We have heard nothing.

I was thinking of requesting GCMS notes, Buy I've heard that can take 40 days.

Has anyone actually gotten their visitor visa since the pandemic started?
^Is my question. They are saying the borders open to international nonessential travel on Sept 7th so it's hard to not be nervous.
What is GCMS

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Submission Confirmation: February 19
Biometrics: Valid
Medical Request: June 16
ADR (Marriage Certificate): June 17
ADR submitted: June 17
Medical Passed: July 6
Decision Made: September 7
PPR: September 7
Passport Submitted: September 8
VOH: September 15 (1 year validity)

PA's Country of residence: Philippines
Relation: Spouse
Purpose of visit (Essential or non-essential): Covid-19 (Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian Citizen)

Note: We also have a pending spousal application submitted January 2020 being handled by CPC-Mississauga

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hi everyone, My PR is currently under process and I am on temporary work permit right now and No TRV. I want to go to my home country for 2 months. Should I apply for TRV or visitor visa for coming back to Canada? TRV is taking 8-9 months and visitor visa on the other hand only 1 week. I was wondering if I can enter Canada with tourist visa instead of TRV??

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Submission Confirmation: February 19
Biometrics: Valid
Medical Request: June 16
ADR (Marriage Certificate): June 17
ADR submitted: June 17
Medical Passed: July 6
Decision Made: September 7
PPR: September 7
Passport Submitted: September 8
VOH: September 15 (1 year validity)

PA's Country of residence: Philippines
Relation: Spouse
Purpose of visit (Essential or non-essential): Covid-19 (Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian Citizen)

Note: We also have a pending spousal application submitted January 2020 being handled by CPC-Mississauga
Hi! Do you know why the validity is 1 year? Isn't supposed to be ~10 years or until passeport exp? Thank you!

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Hi! Do you know why the validity is 1 year? Isn't supposed to be ~10 years or until passeport exp? Thank you!
I guess since we have an on-going spousal application that's why we only have 1 year. The expiry date of the visa is September 2022.

Reactions: LadyA

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Hello!
I recently got an extension on my work permit (PGWP via public policy) and since I am form Argentina I have to apply for an extension of the TVR.
My current TVR expires on October 30th, and I was hopping to travel back home for the holidays... well silly me that I thought I would get the TVR on time.
I just applied, and saw that they are taking 156 days for the visitor visas applications inside Canada?
How the f+** is this possible?? I cannot leave Canada without this.. (well I can"leave", but I cannot enter back)
I read some of you applied beginning of 2021 and haven't got answers yet! unbelievable

Someone applied in this days like me to update us?

Pravs

Oct 17, 2021
Guys, even I am waiting for my TRV response. Submitted on 10th February 2021. My colleagues who submitted after me, got the update to submit passport. I wonder how they are working on the application.
Hi,
Did you get any update? I have applied on March 20th and the status is still “under processing “

Reactions: PR Dreamer

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
hello people!
I applied (September 2021) for a TVR because I obtained a work permit extension (till 2023). They just sent me an email that the application was approved but for 10 years until 2030 and not until 2023 the way it should be. I assume they made a mistake and grant me the tourist type of visa, and not the associated with the work permit.
I sent my passport already. I should try to contact them, right?

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
hello people!
I applied (September 2021) for a TVR because I obtained a work permit extension (till 2023). They just sent me an email that the application was approved but for 10 years until 2030 and not until 2023 the way it should be. I assume they made a mistake and grant me the tourist type of visa, and not the associated with the work permit.
I sent my passport already. I should try to contact them, right?
No, it's not an issue. Recently, they have been issuing V1 visa instead of W1 work visa. In a way, it's better since you have got longer validity.

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
No, it's not an issue. Recently, they have been issuing V1 visa instead of W1 work visa. In a way, it's better since you have got longer validity.
That is good to know. I wanted to go on holidays on December and I am afraid that they won’t let me in because is a visitor and not compatible with my work permit. But I totally believe you. Maybe it’s a COVID stuff that they do so people don’t run out of visas.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
That is good to know. I wanted to go on holidays on December and I am afraid that they won’t let me in because is a visitor and not compatible with my work permit. But I totally believe you. Maybe it’s a COVID stuff that they do so people don’t run out of visas.
You can always call IRCC before making travel plans to double check. But I have seen many cases already on this forum, they got V1 instead of W1 and didn't have any issues.