+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV

James12389

Jul 14, 2020
Hi,

I had a TRV issued a few years ago that expires in 2021. In 2017, I came to Canada as a student and as a result, my TRV got canceled and I got issued a Study Permit. I am currently on a PGWP and wanted to travel urgently. I was wondering if it was possible to restore the TRV that was issued earlier as it expires at a much later date? Or do I have to apply for a new TRV from within Canada

Sincerely,
James

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Apply from within Canada. I wonder why they cancelled your TRV, did you not get a new one with your study permit/

James12389

Jul 14, 2020
Apply from within Canada. I wonder why they cancelled your TRV, did you not get a new one with your study permit/
Yes I did. But that expired in 2019 unfortunately. I just spoke to someone from IRCC and they said I have two active UCI and the previous one stamped as canceled is also active currently

Dheesha

Feb 4, 2020
Hello I am currently on Work permit and I have applied for TRV within in Canada on March 25th 2021 and the processing time days are increasing since I have applied. How long does it take for my etrv to process and what can I do to speed up my process as I have to go back to my country for an emergency.
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello I am currently on Work permit and I have applied for TRV within in Canada on March 25th 2021 and the processing time days are increasing since I have applied. How long does it take for my etrv to process and what can I do to speed up my process as I have to go back to my country for an emergency.
Thank you.
There is no expedited process. Processing is 70 plus days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi All, I have a similar case. My file for TRV was submitted to IRCC on 10th February and to date, I haven't received any update for passport submission. I spoke to IRCC and they reason the delay due to COVID. It has been more than 70 days for me now, still no update.

AiT87

Apr 14, 2021
Hi, I am trying to apply for TRV from inside Canada and I have PGWP. I was wondering what should I select for the "Purpose of visit" section.
I would really appreciate if you share your experience and knowledge.

Thanks.

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,
I applied for Trv for my work permit from inside Canada. 2 months back I came to India to visit my family, I send my Passport to Indian embassy in New Delhi. I got my passport back with 10 years Visitor stamp instead of WORKER.

I am confusing why they gave me a visitor visa.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
I have my work permit but not in passport stamp I applied for trv on my work permit to stamp in the passport
If you're already in Canada and have a work permit they tends to give you visitors visa since it is just for the purpose of travel.

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi,
I applied for Trv for my work permit from inside Canada. 2 months back I came to India to visit my family, I send my Passport to Indian embassy in New Delhi. I got my passport back with 10 years Visitor stamp instead of WORKER.

This is normal. Extension of VISA is usually of Visitor type. You already have a work permit extension document so that should be fine. Can you help me with 1 question please. did you receive any email from IRCC to submit your passport for stamping or you just did it on your own. And when did you apply for an extension of TRV.

techflyer

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Hi,

When did you apply for TRV in Canada? Was your file transfered to local office in India? I read a lot that Visitor visa on passport is fine as long as you have a work permit separately